Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have been working on the Link Removedand made a few changes. Taking on board the comments made in the recent thread on the subject. From today, new adverts will automatically expire after a maximum of 60 days. You can now choose a duration up to this maximum. Adverts that have not been marked as sold by the advertiser at 60 days will be deemed "unsold" and permanently deleted, but only after the advertiser has been emailed and asked if they want to renew. You will be able to renew with a simple click and should not have to re-input the details as before. :Smile:

Adds for accessories and general sales are still free to everyone, but a charge will now be made to sell a motorhome. £6.75 will display your advert for 60 days. Our motorhome classifieds is one of THE most popular on the web, items have been looked at over 2 million times and we have made almost £1.5 million of sales:thumb: So its a great place to sell.

I will be working through the existing adverts and deleting those that have been around longer that 60 days. As most of you are painfully aware, it does take me a few goes to get things right, so if you notice errors in the classified section please do let me know. Thanks

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I will look at that Jim.Meanwhile, when you actually get to the classifieds there are loads of options for seeing new classifieds, you can click on the calendar and see items added by a particular day, or see adds from the last day or 7 days etc.

The thing is, I have so many database queries on the front page I really have to consider when adding more as it might slow up the page load times which would impact everyone. A good idea though, I will have a look at what I could do. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds good to me Jim ..

the only extra feature I thought useful would be a notification on the front page when a new ad is placed.. :Smile:

jim

Hi Jim, if you look under the recent posts on the front page you should now see a block with some random adverts shown:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim, if you look under the recent posts on the front page you should now see a block with some random adverts shown:thumb:

I see it Jim.. clicked on one and it was dated Dec 08 .. :Doh:

can you not have most recent rather than random ?

sorry to be a pest .. :RollEyes:

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I see it Jim.. clicked on one and it was dated Dec 08 .. :Doh:

can you not have most recent rather than random ?

sorry to be a pest .. :RollEyes:

jim

I think it should show the latest now. :Cool: I won't know for sure until some more adverts are posted. As for those old adds, I am working through and deleting them, slow but sure :Smile:

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
I have been working on the Link Removedand made a few changes. Taking on board the comments made in the recent thread on the subject. From today, new adverts will automatically expire after a maximum of 60 days. You can now choose a duration up to this maximum. Adverts that have not been marked as sold by the advertiser at 60 days will be deemed "unsold" and permanently deleted, but only after the advertiser has been emailed and asked if they want to renew. You will be able to renew with a simple click and should not have to re-input the details as before. :Smile:

Adds for accessories and general sales are still free to everyone, but a charge will now be made to sell a motorhome. £6.75 will display your advert for 60 days. Our motorhome classifieds is one of THE most popular on the web, items have been looked at over 2 million times and we have made almost £1.5 million of sales:thumb: So its a great place to sell.

I will be working through the existing adverts and deleting those that have been around longer that 60 days. As most of you are painfully aware, it does take me a few goes to get things right, so if you notice errors in the classified section please do let me know. Thanks

Sounds like a good idea Jim,I have just listed my bike on fleabay if it sells on there I will certainly mark it as sold in the classifieds here.(sorry Jim could not resist the chance to plug I have a M/cycle for sale in the classifieds) Tony:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back