The Vanbitz non-starter really does work a treat !!!! (1 Viewer)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Got an alert on my phone yesterday while in work, saying someone had attempted to start Jumbo with our keys !!!! Gave me the exact satellite position. Put 2 and 2 together as hubby finishes early on a Friday and intended to take van off to garage............. yep, he forgot to disarm !!!!!!! Think I need to take him back to Taunton for another briefing from @eddievanbitz !!! :D !! Great to see how quickly it works tho, he failed to start the van and his phone was ringing seconds later !!! :party3:

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I'll go as far as to say this won't be the first time:). I call it just testing it works and It always has even when you test it in France:giggler: Great bit of kit well recommended and piece of mind

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I blame you, let's face it, you know Hubby=Male=NON-MULTI TASKING!!!
Good grief woman! Do buck up!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Got an alert on my phone yesterday while in work, saying someone had attempted to start Jumbo with our keys !!!! Gave me the exact satellite position. Put 2 and 2 together as hubby finishes early on a Friday and intended to take van off to garage............. yep, he forgot to disarm

He's no slouch that Mr Snowdrops, he though I know how I'll prove to my little snowdrops that it was money well spent, I'll accidentally on purpose forget to disarm the alarm and she'll get a text message and all will be peace in the snowdrop household tonight, apart from a little leg pulling along the lines of "who's a silly boy then?"

I can live with that.......... Nice one Mr Snowdrops. RESPECT
:Grin:

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
He's no slouch that Mr Snowdrops, he though I know how I'll prove to my little snowdrops that it was money well spent, I'll accidentally on purpose forget to disarm the alarm and she'll get a text message and all will be peace in the snowdrop household tonight, apart from a little leg pulling along the lines of "who's a silly boy then?"

I can live with that.......... Nice one Mr Snowdrops. RESPECT
:Grin:
LOL !

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You would think that I would get it right! The number of times I manage to get a phone call from my motorhome telling me that I'm trying to steal it:whistle:

The embarrassing thing is though that Lyn's phone is also on the system so she knows everything :eek:

Mind you I've always thought that :LOL:

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
A few weeks ago I had to call the recovery service out to my van as it would not start. Tried to get it going but would not fire up. Sitting in the kitchen in the house effing and blinding at bloody Fiat vans, the wife calm turned to me and said. Have you turned off the non starter thingy you had fitted to stop it starting if somebody tries to rob it. I sent the van a text and tried to start it. Fired up first time.
Called the recovery people to say false alarm.

Yes it works great. But you MUST remember to switch it off... DOH.....

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
A few weeks ago I had to call the recovery service out to my van as it would not start. Tried to get it going but would not fire up. Sitting in the kitchen in the house effing and blinding at bloody Fiat vans, the wife calm turned to me and said. Have you turned off the non starter thingy you had fitted to stop it starting if somebody tries to rob it. I sent the van a text and tried to start it. Fired up first time.
Called the recovery people to say false alarm.

Yes it works great. But you MUST remember to switch it off... DOH.....
Omg !!!!! :rofl: That is hilarious :D

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I learned the hard way too. I had the Non starter and Growler fitted at the same time, in fact when I picked it up from Eddies I drove straight up to Birmingham to have the E&P Hydraulic self-levelers fitted by Conrad Anderson.

It was in their workshop while I overnighted it at a local Hotel. I had a text message to say it had moved and sure enough they had parked inside their premises according to the Google map on my phone.

The following day I had a text to say that the battery had been disconnected. (this they have to do before any welding work is carried out) I then Taxied over to their premises in the afternoon and sat around in their customer waiting area, and sat and sat. They were having some problems but hadn't shared with me what those problems were.

Eventually I was approached and it was suggested that as they couldn't start the engine that they would speak to the local Merc dealers the next day and would pay for me to stay in the hotel again that night.

I suggested that it might be the Non Starter that was preventing it from starting. After almost insisting that we at least try it to rule it out I sent a message to the van, it was still up on the ramps and one guy was up in the drivers seat to see if the red light extinguished and turn the key following the call.

It burst into life and we drove away at gone 9.30 at night. We had wasted a few hours whilst they tried to solve a problem that wasn't a problem.

A little frustrated about the time wasted but happy that the non-started tracker worked brilliantly.

Dec 3, 2007
bristol
Funster No
MH
fiat autotrail imala 730
Exp
since 2005
The non starter alarm seems to be a super bit of kit can you tell me how much it would cost,

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I really can't remember, I do recall that it was good value though. The main points being that
  1. you do not rely a third party keeping there eye on your property
  2. the yearly cost of that (around£90) is avoided
  3. if your keys are stolen and the accompanying tag how would the third party know it's not you driving it
  4. If you get a text saying that the vehicle had been entered or battery disconnected or ignition attempt or actually in motion and you can see it moving on your google map then you know whether it is you or not then you can call the policeman.
@eddievanbitz can you help out with approx cost here please.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
As PE said. Growler 999 and non start 399. We had ours done 2 weeks ago. Woke up to our door lock and ignition barrel drilled out one morning and decided at that very point that money for the kit to be fitted was well worth cost of van and peace of mind :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back