LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi all , looking to fit a wireless reversing camera as Nikki is getting to idle to jump out of the van and check behind when we pull up. :winky:

So any ideas on good ones bad ones and the must be avoided ones.

I also want one that acts like a rear view mirror. when driving.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I also want one that acts like a rear view mirror. when driving.

Hi Paul

The general consensus is that wireless are less than satisfactory in a large motorhome, due to the distance and the interference .. and if you want to use as a rear view mirror a 12v supply has to be run from the front of the van anyway, so may as well have a wired system.. same amount of work and a better system.

B&W or Colour ? Having had both I much prefer B&W.. better definition and clearer to see.

jim

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

I have a Waeco wired system in colour for reversing only does all I want, they do one with duel cameras if it works as well should do all you want. A friend tried a wireless camera on his motorhome and when he saw the results from mine changed his over to a Waeco system, in my opinion enough said.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi agree with Jim, get a wired B/W one, the colour ones default to B/W at night anyway, not so sure of the value of the inbuilt LED's though, as their usually not very powerful, I was advised by gaspode on "Facts" that if I wanted a decent bit of light to fit the infar-red LED spot lights that maplin do, never bothered as their's enough light from my rear lights to see the toad.

I fitted two cameras, most screens will accept two inputs so its easy to do, one points straight down and is great for reversing and looking at the toad, the other is a long shot down the road to see following traffic.

Cameras are now available that pan up and down, so no need for two, and with a telescopic lens, Panasonic do them I believe, expensive though.

Olley

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Paul,, I have got my last ones from this guy,, he is a super guy to deal with and wont sell you something thats no good,, tell him what you have etc and he will tell you the best system to install. he also deals on e.bay under this name==

Reversing Camera Systems-Rear View Cameras-Vehicle Digital Recording-Reversing Sensors-Reverse Alarms
e.bay== cbeeeeee1111111

definatly worth a look and rather than have to much cable etc he will make up what you need,,, he made a splitter unit up for my 5th wheel.. :thumb:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I have fitted a 7" colour wireless camera, it plugs straight into 12volt socket on the dash, I picked up a permanent live in the roof of my van,so didn't have to run any wires at all, this way I can use camera when ever I want, especially when my trike is being towed. It took me aprox 1hour to fit. You can also pick a feed up from reversing light at rear, but in this way you can only use camera when put in reverse. I have on the odd occasion had no signal when in area with some interference. It cost £265, its been fitted now for over 18 months & I would deffinatly fit a wireless again.

John.

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
have been nosing at this : has Camera attachment [you can find cheaper ones if you search ebay]
Link Removed

with :

Link Removed

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Paul
I have a Camos jobbie, I have it as rear view all the time. does what it says on the tin:thumb:

I had a cheapie off fleabay, It went tits up and so did the mongral who sold it too me:ROFLMAO:

We live and learn, even at my age:ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all , looking to fit a wireless reversing camera as Nikki is getting to idle to jump out of the van and check behind when we pull up. :winky:

You've plenty of spare kids - just tie one on the back and listen for the screams. Wireless, stereo vision and cheap, what more do you want.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back