LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Do any members know of a site that will take an RV and trailer between "Toulouse and Andorra ?

Fancy a day trip to "Andorra" but dont want to go up the Pyranees with the RV.. :thumb:

And on my workings out from Toulouse it is about a 3 hour run so the nearer to Andorra the better..

Thanks.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Site

Do any members know of a site that will take an RV and trailer between "Toulouse and Andorra ?

Fancy a day trip to "Andorra" but dont want to go up the Pyranees with the RV.. :thumb:

And on my workings out from Toulouse it is about a 3 hour run so the nearer to Andorra the better..

Thanks.
Try Ax Les Thermes just short off the border. There is a site in the town but the municipile site is south off the town en route to Andorra We stayed there a few years ago and it was OK:thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Try Ax Les Thermes just short off the border. There is a site in the town but the municipile site is south off the town en route to Andorra We stayed there a few years ago and it was OK:thumb:

Thanks for that,, :thumb:

PM sent..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Hi Mo

did a trip to Andorra a few years ago, two things are impossible to overlook when you're in Andorra.
The mountains, of course and then, there's the shopping, I wouldn't go back, full of tourists coaches and day trippers visiting the duty free hypermarkets.. it was jam packed.. some might call it retail hell ..

A lovely drive, but a forgetful town I wouldn't revisit..

Jim

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Condom is a nice town with a municipal campsite which is big enough to take an RV. dont know when it would close though. It is in the caravan club Europe book Alan btw. a pleasant site

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo

did a trip to Andorra a few years ago, two things are impossible to overlook when you're in Andorra.
The mountains, of course and then, there's the shopping, I wouldn't go back, full of tourists coaches and day trippers visiting the duty free hypermarkets.. it was jam packed.. some might call it retail hell ..

A lovely drive, but a forgetful town I wouldn't revisit..

Jim

Thanks Jim,, just want to go for the day,, so er in doors can get a fridge magnet.. :winky:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Home&Away

Funster
Aug 21, 2009
West Anglia
Funster No
MH
Haven't got one
Exp
starting from scratch NOW!
Couldn't agree more about Andorra - fantastic drive there and abysmal place. Probably ok for skiing but Andorra City itself is just endless duty-free (if that applies still) shops. Awful, just awful and not worth the ten hours driving (in a Toyota Previa) from Rousillon and back.

The trip to Andorra on the French side is great - very alpine climbs and big spaces on largely great roads. The trip back on the Spanish side was an extraordinary climb up over tight rough roads swinging from side to side over big drops - we ran out of good road within two kms and there was two hours of mountains ahead! The family certainly remember it!

So a great drive but don't take an MH on the Spanish side. And only go if you want retail hell in an expensive nasty environment for endless hours.......

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back