Trying to keep my best mate safe - place to stay around Reims (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
My best mate who is travelling from the UK to south of France on her own next week was planning to stop overnight on a motorway aire !!!
open-mouth-surprised-smiley-emoticon.png

I would like to suggest somewhere safe for her just for one overnight stop around the Reims area - any suggestions please? Thanks.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
On our 2012 trip we stayed on the aire near the centre of Reims, walking distance to the cathedral. If I remember rightly there was some city traffic to cope with on the way to the aire but it was quite pleasant, just a small aire by a youth hostel. Certainly seemed safe enough to us.

Reims.JPG

Or alternatively, there is a lovely canalside aire at Mareuil sur Ay, not far away from Reims.

Paul

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You need to down load Camper Contact on to her SatNav - no end of nice Aires to choose from.
We have stayed a various nice aires in that region but have never noticed exactly where they are.
We simply rely on CC taking us straight to the door.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Or alternatively, there is a lovely canalside aire at Mareuil sur Ay, not far away from Reims.

Paul
I can second that recommendation. Stayed there this April on our way back from Italy. Very nice position right next to the canal and free parking, water and dump. Electricity was supposed to be paid for but it was free - not sure why, maybe because of it being out of season.

Lovely little Champagne village with several producer's caves.

We will stay there again when we are in the area.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

I can second that recommendation. Stayed there this April on our way back from Italy. Very nice position right next to the canal and free parking, water and dump. Electricity was supposed to be paid for but it was free - not sure why, maybe because of it being out of season.

Lovely little Champagne village with several producer's caves.

We will stay there again when we are in the area.

Thirded. Mareuil sur Ay is a lovely little aire. In addition to the things Peter mentioned there is also free WiFi along the canal. No idea why.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thirded. Mareuil sur Ay is a lovely little aire. In addition to the things Peter mentioned there is also free WiFi along the canal. No idea why.
I forgot about that!!! I think most of the facilities are for the leisure boats that moor up along the canal here. Oh an a small Carrefour shop right next the the Aire (closed Mondays) and a Boulangerie/pattiserie with nice cakes and bread in the village.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back