Malaga M3E water heater leak... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My friend Micky's Malaga water heater is leaking a little intermittantly. After spotting a drip from it in yesterday morning it was removed and water tested under pressure. No leak showed itself. After refitting and running up to temperature all seemed ok. Now this morning it appears to leak again... Has anyone experienced this themselves?

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Yes......I had this problem with a Malaga heater. Leaked and then didn't leak......could not find it etc etc........

Got in touch with Heatsource, I think in Southampton, who make them and even though it was two years old they changed it for new.......and sold me an air/fan heater at trade price.......helpfull and fantastic service.

Turned out it was a pin-hole leak in the ali body of the thing, due to air-bubble in caste or something like that......they were aware of a few units that had slipped past Qcontrol.

Ray

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thank you Detourer for your help with the Malaga. Mick will be very pleased if they do the same with his! He asked me to ask if you have a phone numbe or a name?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Following the recent trend of resurrecting old threads, I browsed around a bit and I think this is my original Fun post.

The information supplied by Funster Ray got my mate all sorted. Mick got a replacement heater supplied free.

Well done Ray... well done Fun.

JJ :cool:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@JJ

Dear sir, it is quite possibly your first post, but using some very basic detective work, it could only be if you lurked only for several months after joining

Maybe you were shyer in 2008 :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
@JJ

Dear sir, it is quite possibly your first post, but using some very basic detective work, it could only be if you lurked only for several months after joining

Maybe you were shyer in 2008 :)

You are totally right Mr DavidG58... I was!

But also I was wrong... I found an earlier thread which I have just "bumped".

Now the rain has stopped and the sun has got its hat on again I must get back to land management.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back