Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Thinking of buying an Air awning, Westfield Aquilla, trouble is not sure which height to buy, with all previous awnings, (air and poles), we have always gone for the tall version, but now changed van and the floor is lower than previous vans, height to awing rail is about 140cm, not more maybe just a bit less.
Previously the tunnel roof angle has been too steep and the door catches on it when opening/closing, so my query now is, if I go for the low version will the roof angle still be too steep and if I go for the tall version will it be too far from the van to get a taught tunnel roof?
My understanding is everything is the same tall or std it just the tall one has more tunnel material to make the extra height.

Anyone got the Aquilla for advice?

Terry

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Yep, Oh Please! sorry, 2.4mts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Update
Phoned Glossop and they had both sizes in stock, and as they weren't on display offered to put one up for us.
Called up to Glossop on Saturday and after playing with the awning and having a long chat with the sales guy we were advised the low version would fit our van, also had the sales guy agree to an exchange if it didn't fit properly, anyway bought it and took it away, we stayed in Longnor for the night and I must say the awning fits perfectly and we are over the moon.
The pitch we were on was a temp one and not big enough for van and awning as the site double booked us but the exercise was to see if the awning fitted the van.
From driver side of van to front of awning (not including the canopy) is 5mts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• DSC_0007resize.jpg
    DSC_0007resize.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries