Advic needed travelling to Scotland October (1 Viewer)

pogjones

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi all
The wife and myself would like to go to Scotland on 9th October having not been before. We don't want to go to far up for the first time and we have 8 -9 days but i have always wanted to fish a sea loch. Also like the sound of fort William area. Can anyone suggest maybe a stop over going up and back down and somewhere when up there. We are in the C&CC but don't mind staying at other sites.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
If you are going up M6 Try Tebay services, there is a caravan site at the services [not cheap] ideal as you don't leave motorway, I think you still get vouchers for breakfast and for reduction in evening meal, Not your usual motorway food they are independent.

This will take you into Scotland at Gretna Green from there its take your pick depends which way you want to go.

Fort William area good site again not cheap Glen Nevis caravan site also has restaurant just outside never used it but supposed to be good see:-

Link Removed

As for sites they are plentiful most seem reasonable and you should have no problems in October, we will be up that way then and never bother to book have never been caught out yet [there will always be a first ].

Take your C&CC site book and you will be made.

You can even wild camp just pick your spots.

Warning Scotland gets hold of you and does not let go.You have been warned.

Hope you enjoy your trip remember Scotland is a vast place.

Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pogjones

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Funster No
I forgot to mention that our trip to Scotland starts from Doncaster so i suppose we will start on the A1.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Never been up that way always go M6 sorry can't help with A1 have only ever come down that way and just tend to take pot luck on sites, never used anything on a regular basis.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
If you fancy fishing a sea loch,try the west coast oban is fantastic and the fishing on loch awe is great you can hire a boat (usually an orkney) or you can fish from the banks.:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi all
The wife and myself would like to go to Scotland on 9th October having not been before. We don't want to go to far up for the first time and we have 8 -9 days but i have always wanted to fish a sea loch. Also like the sound of fort William area. Can anyone suggest maybe a stop over going up and back down and somewhere when up there. We are in the C&CC but don't mind staying at other sites.

See my signature ::bigsmile:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Try the Lochy Caravan site just outside of Fort William, within walking distance of the town. We've used it a couple of times and it's okay.

Rgds
Bill

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
As Autumn has started and the trees are changing colour, you may like to consider using the A1 then on to the A68 over Tow Law and through to Jedburgh which has a good C&CC site then up through the Borders with folks fishing in the Tweed, Galashiels, A72,Peebles, A721,Carluke, A73,Cumbernauld, A80,Stirling, A84, Callander, A85, A82 and follow through to Fort William. Nice scenery and a change from Motorway driving.
I watched folks fishing from the caravan site situated on the sea inlet at Glencoe, but not sure what they were fishing for.
Have a good trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back