Free Member
May 9, 2016
Toddington, Beds
Funster No
MH
Iveco 75E15 Horsebox
Exp
Hi All.

I'm new here, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out with some advice.

I have a 7.5 tonne Iveco 75E15 which I converted into a horsebox for my wife. I did the whole thing, including building and fitting the living area which has sleeping, fitted kitchen and a toilet/shower area. The horse also has a shower line as well!

Anyway, the water is pumped from 2 x 70 litre water tanks via a seaflo 41 diaphragm pump. Its worked fine for about 18 months, but there is now a very slow drip from the filter on the inlet side of the pump. I'm not fussed about that as ive put the tanks and pump into an aluminium underskirt box, so there is no issue of rusting or rotting the box, but clearly if water is dripping out then air an also be sucked in and this is what appears to be happening as the pump works but has lost pressure.

I'm pretty sure that its a air leak that has caused a cavitation effect when the pump is operating, but even if you run the pump for a few minutes then it just continues.

I think the most likely cause of the air leak are the pretty cr*ppy plastic connectors with O rings and plastic clips that connect the filter to the inlet pipe and the pump itself. I can't find any one who supplies replacement connectors or better, has anyone got a better way of connecting the pump up or a recommendation for an alternative and better quality pump? I've got both 12 and 24v circuits, although it would be easier to stay with the existing 12V circuit the existing one uses.

Cheers

Steve

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome to Fun and anyone who builds a horsebox for his wife to live in will fit perfectly here! :)

You could try stripping the pump down and then reassembling using a sealant like Fernox, which you can get from places like Screwfix.

Otherwise, a new pump I suppose and Whale makes some good ones. Something like this one but there are many different models including submersible types.
Amazon product ASIN B00CM73I2G

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Seaflo appear to be one of the better makes as they supply mainly the marine market. Push-fit connectors are normally extremely reliable and are used in domestic plumbing at mains water pressures. Whale supply them for caravans / MH and I'd have thought Seaflo would too. 6 / 8 / 12 / 15mm connectors are sold on eBay and plumbers merchants should stock 12 & 15 at least.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi & welcome. I've just had a quick look & it says they have a 4 year warranty ? So if onyl 18 months old try getting on to who you bought from.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Chalgravesteve

Free Member
May 9, 2016
Toddington, Beds
Funster No
MH
Iveco 75E15 Horsebox
Exp
Hi All.

Thanks for the replies. I'm struggling to find the details of who I bought it off! There is nothing actually wrong with the pump (I think) its an issue with air getting into the sytem on the inlet side through either a faulty/split filter or a bad connector on the pump. The "push fit" element I'm looking for is like the picture attached. I've got John Guest push fit throughout the horsebox and that's all fine.

The problem on the inlet side is that there is one of these push fits into the side of the pump which has the filter attached and then you need another one with the hosetail on the other side of the filter to attach the water inlet feed to.

I'm inclined to get rid of the filter at the side of the pump, and put my own one inline rather than hang it on the side of the pump. But I need some spare connectors if possible so I was looking for a supplier.

Attachments

• seaflo connector.jpg
    seaflo connector.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Chalgravesteve

Free Member
May 9, 2016
Toddington, Beds
Funster No
MH
Iveco 75E15 Horsebox
Exp
perhaps it suffered frost damage.. ?

quite common .. the filer may have a hair line crack

Possibly yes. I drain the system down completely in the winter so it should have been ok. That's one of the reason I would rather have my own in line filter, the plastic one supplied is a bit basic and flimsy.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back