Church Farm Aldeburgh (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We stayed there about 5/6 years ago and it was a bit pricey then, but the location is great.
We went in July and one of the things that sticks in my mind was the hollyhocks sprouting everywhere in the town, out of the smallest of cracks in pavements etc. It was like being in one huge cottage garden:)
Always said we'd go back as it was so hot we didn't get to explore the area very much.
Loved the giant seashell on the beach too:)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I parked in the main street by the fish and chip shop, nobody bothered us until the delivery lorry for the Coop arrived and mad a loud racket offloading frames. Just one night eat fish and chips sleep and went home. the place is now nearly all holiday Homes for the rich, hence the very upmarket shops and prices. I was told 1 of 3 houses sold to city types now with nothing for the locals

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Spent this last weekend at Church Farm Aldeburgh
Great site 3 minutes from beach nice big pitches great for dogs!
Not the cheapest site but thought it was worth it!
Also try our new wind break !

Looks and sounds really good,sometimes you have to pay a little extra for a good location!:)

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Yes we spent a couple of nights there last September in glorious weather. Walked north along the beach to another great little town with some interesting buildings. Lots of good walking with the dog and an interesting town - definitely worth a visit. Facilities on site are excellent.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It's local for us and we often spend the day there, parked in the beach car park opposite the big Shell .. shame they don't allow overnight parking..

Years ago when we lived in Essex it was a favourite w/e destination, we parked on the sea wall and stayed a couple of nights.. was very popular with motorhomes.. but they have since banned them from the sea wall completely.. apparently they were damaging the road surface.. :rolleyes: (nothing to do with the local camp site complaining)

Nearby, Snape Maltings is worth a visit.. http://www.snapemaltings.co.uk

Not far up the coast you can park at Sizewell beach car park which has a cafe and public toilets.. .. there is also a CL at the nearby Vulcan Arms pub .. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2079047,1.6207183,408m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

some photos here in the Fun albums.. Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I did see a lot of Motorhomes parked up in the car park but its almost 3 hour drive for us too long for day trip!
Car parking still £3 per day
Jim

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Carry on like this Jim and there will be little space in the town left for the regulars:)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
image.jpeg
The next village north is Thorpeness with the windmill and house in the sky etc., very picturesque

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back