The Krauton factor (cassette emptying) (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
OK guys and gals, found this on tonight's German aire :Eeek:
webversion.jpg

When you open the lid the water runs for about 3 seconds and stops......so how am I going to wash out my cassette ????:pray:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
is the ring round the pipe a contact valve?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
then do it the way we do it on ths rallies in fields with a pit dug for the waste....take a bucket of water or a gallon container over with the cassette

another one is an old lemonade plastic bottle of water then you can squeeze it to force the water into the cassette faster

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
The good news is, we came across the exact same thing in Germany last year, and there is a way to do it.
The bad news is, I can't remember what it is.
Sorry. :(

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
No idea if this would be right or not - to be honest it seems a bit grim - but is the water activated on the pipe from when it goes horizontal to vertical? In which case once you've emptied your cassette put the end of the pipe in your cassette outlet and lower to horizontal and then vertical to reactivate the water.

Have to say that my idea does seem a bit :sick: but it's all I can come up with and I take no responsibility should you try it and end up with the remnants of your cassette on your feet.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If you use bio liquid it will be a lot thinner and come out a lot easier.
OR do as the other do go to the DRINKING WATER and use that after you have topped up.. ot aim it from a distance without putting the neck to it .!!!!!!!!!!!!

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
The good news is, we came across the exact same thing in Germany last year, and there is a way to do it.
The bad news is, I can't remember what it is.
Sorry. :(

The Missus reckons my memory is the same....hopeless.:oops::oops: I put it down to beer:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sometimes though multiple rinsing is the only way to get everything out - I speak from painful experience :sick:
some of the "logs" I have seen jammed in a cassette I swear a chainsaw and lumberjack would have been easier. You should train your bum muscles to bite them off into manageable sizes. if constipated, learn to chew them up before downloading into the cassette:rofl::rofl:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I chop mine off in 6" logs using the blade:eek:

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
If you use bio liquid it will be a lot thinner and come out a lot easier.
OR do as the other do go to the DRINKING WATER and use that after you have topped up.. ot aim it from a distance without putting the neck to it .!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK I think this option is the best ;) fill up and wash out:sick:

It's great the Germans provide Aires, just that they seem to over engineer them! The previous night's aire had a huge metal grey water disposal system complete with motion detection sensors and super Dooper spray system. Only problem was even my wide track FIAT chassis at the back was to narrow to go over it without dropping into the very low metal tray. So I ended up having to manouver all around it and got a free under chassis wash :) Just a simple drain would have been fine!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont use any chemicals and only wash the cassette out after you have completely finished your tour.
it works . i did work in sewage and the scientists told me the way to do it .
the bacteria helps break it down . dont empty till nearly full that keeps the bacteria in the cassette and working . washing out gets rid of good bacteria .

Lookaround

Free Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Wow this thread has gone down the toilet - really do we really need to read about the size of your 'logs'

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Wow this thread has gone down the toilet - really do we really need to read about the size of your 'logs'
well you could say it turdocharged the thread

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I think its the stellpatz at Breisach am Rhein. It was certainly strange, after the short fountain it then demanded money to fill up with water.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am a fulltimer and it is rare that I get the option to wash it out. Just done 6 months in wales and didn't wash it out once. No damage done. Only washed it out once this year so far and that was at the Peterborough show.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I think its the stellpatz at Breisach am Rhein. It was certainly strange, after the short fountain it then demanded money to fill up with water.
Nope....a quiet place called Feucht just 9 miles outside Nuremberg. For your 9€ fee you also get a day in the lovely large and well appointed open air swimming pool included, Bargain! I would not recommend the aire in the park in Nuremberg, full of drunk/ party powdering teenagers (even on a Monday night) .

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nope....a quiet place called Feucht just 9 miles outside Nuremberg. For your 9€ fee you also get a day in the lovely large and well appointed open air swimming pool included, Bargain! I would not recommend the aire in the park in Nuremberg, full of drunk/ party powdering teenagers (even on a Monday night) .
its only quiet there as all the locals have feucht off

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: I would just point out that as a fulltimer it never gets chance to dry out or cake on. If I wasn't fulltiming I would wash it out thoroughly after each trip especially if leaving it unused for more than a week. I wouldn't wash it during a trip though. Bit pointless as it just gets used straight away again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back