Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi

Any 5ver owners have an AddaRoom and if so are they any good?

Cheers

Ant & Debs

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
AddaRoom

addaroom????????????????????????????????

Oh Come on Alan, :ROFLMAO: AddaRoom (American Term) from company called carefree. suppose we call them awnings!

Ant & Debs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi

Any 5ver owners have an AddaRoom and if so are they any good?

Cheers

Ant & Debs

Yes I have.........................a carefree add-a-room.

IMG_0474.jpg

It is a great bit of kit, ideally suited to manual awnings, not sure about powered ones though.

Have used it in the UK and it was good, took it down as the wind strenghtened to Gale Force...............one thing to be mindful of though..................it was a real b*****d to set up.:shout::shout::shout::shout:

Would I buy one again...................let me put it this way I have bought two big wind breaks ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

HTH

Rob

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no good for me looks like campsite material . not too smart for freecamps. remember i come from yorkshire originally, cant waste money on campsites. think how many john smiths that costs. magnet ales mmmmm. no i dont have an awning either. found them a waste of money n space. prefer another m,bike. or more magnet ales mmmm.

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
AddaRoom

Yes I have.........................a carefree add-a-room.

IMG_0474.jpg

It is a great bit of kit, ideally suited to manual awnings, not sure about powered ones though.

Have used it in the UK and it was good, took it down as the wind strenghtened to Gale Force...............one thing to be mindful of though..................it was a real b*****d to set up.:shout::shout::shout::shout:

Would I buy one again...................let me put it this way I have bought two big wind breaks ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

HTH

Rob

Cheers Rob

Just after I pressed the enter key Deb said Robs got one! see 48 and my memory is going already!:ROFLMAO: i can see that the length is determined by the manual awning what is the width? as Deb has seen some moroccan matting she likes!

Will it never end!:ROFLMAO:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
The width strangely is the width of the awning at maximum extension, in our case it is at 9 foot 6ins.

We have Scandinavian matting for the ground, seems to work well enough without damaging the grass.

Will it never end....................errrrr how can I put it....................nope :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How do I know? New mattress for ours..............I think Debs and Maz should never, ever, ever, compare notes ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
AddaRoom

The width strangely is the width of the awning at maximum extension, in our case it is at 9 foot 6ins.

We have Scandinavian matting for the ground, seems to work well enough without damaging the grass.

Will it never end....................errrrr how can I put it....................nope :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How do I know? New mattress for ours..............I think Debs and Maz should never, ever, ever, compare notes ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Cheers Rob

Oh God I hope not. Thanks for info regarding AddaRoom, Think Paul is in states at the mo. Our Unit is due to leave factory in 2 weeks. I think your right she has now just said she wants a folding electric bike!:Doh:

Cheers

Tony

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Cheers Rob

Oh God I hope not. Thanks for info regarding AddaRoom, Think Paul is in states at the mo. Our Unit is due to leave factory in 2 weeks. I think your right she has now just said she wants a folding electric bike!:Doh:

Cheers

Tony

Folding Electric Bike.........and ..........Quad Bikes !!!!!!! Whatever next !!!!!!

You have my deepest sympathies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rob

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
AddaRoom

Hi Debs

Inflatable Kayaks....................how could I forget....................sorry Debs :Blush:

Have you got your genny sorted yet.

Rob

Hi Rob

Yep all sorted. arrived yesterday its sat in the lounge of the static caravan at the mo using it as a coffee table. Debs keeps giving me evil looks and saying "is it supposed to be that big":ROFLMAO: The Word In the dog house springs to mind:ROFLMAO:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Rob

Yep all sorted. arrived yesterday its sat in the lounge of the static caravan at the mo using it as a coffee table. Debs keeps giving me evil looks and saying "is it supposed to be that big":ROFLMAO: The Word In the dog house springs to mind:ROFLMAO:

Hi Tony

At the risk of getting a slap :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It is mens stuff after all ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rob

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
AddaRoom

:cry:
Hi Tony

At the risk of getting a slap :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It is mens stuff after all ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rob

Shes not laughing Rob:Doh: says something about next "and thats womans stuff"
but i work on the basis that as long as her hairdryer is working i am ok:ROFLMAO:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
:cry:

Shes not laughing Rob:Doh: says something about next "and thats womans stuff"
but i work on the basis that as long as her hairdryer is working i am ok:ROFLMAO:

Hi Tony and Debs

I really do hope that Debs knows that I am only joking.:Eeek:

2 weeks before shipping..................(not that I want to change the subject ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:) and I think that Moroccan Carpets are an excellent idea Debs.

See ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I can do womens soft furnishing stuff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards

Rob

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best start getting ready for the trip. you can forget buying moroccan carpets at the shows .double your money (or triple)and take it away comes to mind. looks like you may need an arab dictionary after all. be a good maiden voyage. cu sn alan.

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
AddaRoom

Hi Tony and Debs

I really do hope that Debs knows that I am only joking.:Eeek:

2 weeks before shipping..................(not that I want to change the subject ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:) and I think that Moroccan Carpets are an excellent idea Debs.

See ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I can do womens soft furnishing stuff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob

Well side stepped! so does she. were just hoping that Paul remembered to order the addaroom. 2 weeks seems ages. House completes on monday so we prob gonna take a 2 week break in Zante, Greece. Thinks debs wants to brush up on her quad bike riding.

Tony & Debs

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Rob

Well side stepped! so does she. were just hoping that Paul remembered to order the addaroom. 2 weeks seems ages. House completes on monday so we prob gonna take a 2 week break in Zante, Greece. Thinks debs wants to brush up on her quad bike riding.

Tony & Debs

That sounds like a great plan.

Enjoy

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread