sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have Googled these catches without luck I am hoping someone has found them previously, MEKUWA make them but there is no part number and their web site is uninformative, I think they are used in many MH's. They hold the sliding front windows locked. Any clues appreciated. IMG_20160507_151231.jpg

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks, but unfortunately its not a Seitz window its a complete MEKUWA sliding unit, and the catch is imprinted MEKUWA too. I have just noticed that the glass is etched with some codes but they do not seem relevant.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks Steve but files too big to get down on slow WiFi here, will try later when the network is quieter, I hope!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes it's the catch on the double glazed window. I have one each side on a 2015 Flair. All part of Hymer group so I expect shared suppliers. The unit is a Bi-Therm.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

I am wondering if these are the same as on the older windows like ours, what has actually broken, is it the little pivot pin?

Martin

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Martin
The catch is 2 part and the element in my posted picture is a one piece moulding which incorporates 2 spigots which click into the base which is mounted on the glass. The catch rotates around the spigots allowing you to release it from the catch on the jam. One of the spigots has broken off. If you zoom into the picture I previously posted you can see the remaining spigot at the bottom of the middle ridge. I have now taped it in position so cannot take another pic. of the broken part but added here to this post
IMG_20160507_151227.jpg
is what is held on the glass, into which it clips.
I am at the factory in June but was hoping to find an online supplier to get a part to me here in Sardinia hence my posting, I have also emailed my dealer in Germany but I think it failed as it was fitted too tight and would not expect them to hold spares of it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

Sorry but I can't really tell from the pictures if it's the same as the older ones, but if it is your dealer might have an old window they can rob one off as they change the whole frame when one glass steams up, likewise N+B should have loads of the older ones.

Alternatively could you drill it and put a steel pin in.

Martin

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks Martin, do you have a link for the older ones, if you were going to buy one? I could have a look. By the way I am using my Satellite internet here in Sardinia, well outside the described footprint!

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Steve,

This also looks an improvement on mine it has the addition of burgulary protection, and additional clip in the end. I emailed Happich UK this morning but have now had an email from my N+B German dealer and it's on DHL Xpress to me here in Sardinia.
I will follow through with Happich Steve as the added feature looks worthwhile.
Thanks for all the posts.
Michael

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Steve,

This also looks an improvement on mine it has the addition of burgulary protection, and additional clip in the end. I emailed Happich UK this morning but have now had an email from my N+B German dealer and it's on DHL Xpress to me here in Sardinia.
I will follow through with Happich Steve as the added feature looks worthwhile.
Thanks for all the posts.
Michael
Can you post on this thread the eventual outcome of your follow through with Happich please. I have the same catch as yours on my Hymer and would also be interested in getting one with the additional burglar protection if possible

Thanks

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Will do but unlikely until late June when I back in the UK unless the UK office responds positively beforehand.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Nothing really to do with your catch
For added security we have a length of ally strip which sits in the channel that the sliding window uses this prevents the window being opened (from outside) in case catch doesn’t catch!
image.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I have Googled these catches without luck I am hoping someone has found them previously, MEKUWA make them but there is no part number and their web site is uninformative, I think they are used in many MH's. They hold the sliding front windows locked. Any clues appreciated.View attachment 104835
Would Durrwang have any ?

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Nothing really to do with your catch
For added security we have a length of ally strip which sits in the channel that the sliding window uses this prevents the window being opened (from outside) in case catch doesn’t catch!
View attachment 269053
Did something similar but found it became a moisture trap which effected the runner

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Did something similar but found it became a moisture trap which effected the runner
That’s made of aluminium angle so the moisture can still run out as it should.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back