Why do Dealers Never return your calls (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
We have recently placed an order for a new MH back in early April, and was told by the dealer that they had a model that we wanted due in within the next couple of weeks.
So, we paid the deposit, joined up on here, and have started to gather as much info/knowledge as possible pending the new arrival.
So, now being into May and heard nothing from the dealer, we have both emailed and telephoned for an update, needless to say, no returned email and despite being told that someone would ring us back immediately, still no call received.
Is business that good for them at the moment that they don't need to bother???
All I want is a simple update, is that too much to ask?

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I don't think it's too much to ask at all, it doesn't say much about their customer service skills does it, makes you wonder how quick they'll be to sort any issues with that sort of attitude as well. Is it possible for you to pay them a visit, I think that's what I would do, usually an answer will come very quickly when you're face to face

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Who's the dealer?
Some are worse than others

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If the dealer is local go round and threaten to demand your deposit back. In fact I suggest doing that anyway because if they are unresponsive selling you the new vehicle how will they be if you have problems later which need sorting?

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
We are looking for a new motorhome and i went to the local dealer, ask for a price to install a marine tank in a Carthargo we liked the look of and a price for a Concorde Charisma they have,, 3 weeks now and no information received back.
Just sways me more to buying in Germany and worry about the problems that may arise, least i would have saved a fair bit on the price...

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
It's so dam frustrating, after all, being our first venture, we are excited to say the least, and after all, the buying is all part of the experience.
Don't really want to name the dealer, just venting my frustration!!
However, yes, if I don't get a response tomorrow, then a visit will be made. It's 80 odd mikes away from us, so hopefully it won't come to that.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
The problem is if you don't buy the motorhome someone else will and unfortunately that's the attitude of some companies, however, you deserve an honest answer, if they had been honest to start with and said it's actually going to be 4-6 weeks then you might have been annoyed but not as hacked off as you are now, honesty is the best policy

?

Deleted User
I presume you are getting a receptionist or a answerphone. Phone again saying if no one returns your call you will be wanting your full deposit back and going elsewhere. Just because you are all excited and looking forward to your new motor that is no reason to put up with a shit service. Its not as if its a couple of hundred quid on an old run around.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Have to say that it's only some dealers. Two dealers had the model of van we were interested in. One was always quick to return calls, the other wasn't. Guess who got the business???

The dealer who is supplying the new van has phoned every month to update us and has promptly replied to phone calls and emails.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Is this a proper dealership? Are you going around tomorrow to an empty lot?:eek:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We have recently placed an order for a new MH back in early April, and was told by the dealer that they had a model that we wanted due in within the next couple of weeks.
So, we paid the deposit, joined up on here, and have started to gather as much info/knowledge as possible pending the new arrival.
So, now being into May and heard nothing from the dealer, we have both emailed and telephoned for an update, needless to say, no returned email and despite being told that someone would ring us back immediately, still no call received.
Is business that good for them at the moment that they don't need to bother???
All I want is a simple update, is that too much to ask?
I was only saying the same thing to the wife this morning, ordered a new van due in 4/5 weeks rung tues for update, nothing, given a 10% deposit (a few grand) zilch
Rung my own dealer waiting on some warranty work on my own van before we sell it over the next couple of weeks, nothing even thou he knows am about to sell again guess I will never buy from this dealer again
Personal I think they take the p**s and in any other business they wouldn't get away with it but for some reason when buying a M/H they can
Not sure what I could do about it, apart from not use either dealer in future but there probably all the same judging by posts on here
Both are well known reputable dealers, should have taken the judge @Judge Mental advice and gone to Germany

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I was only saying the same thing to the wife this morning, ordered a new van due in 4/5 weeks rung tues for update, nothing, given a 10% deposit (a few grand) zilch
Rung my own dealer waiting on some warranty work on my own van before we sell it over the next couple of weeks, nothing even thou he knows am about to sell again guess I will never buy from this dealer again
Personal I think they take the p**s and in any other business they wouldn't get away with it but for some reason when buying a M/H they can
Not sure what I could do about it, apart from not use either dealer in future but there probably all the same judging by posts on here
Both are well known reputable dealers, should have taken the judge @Judge Mental advice and gone to Germany

I don't think they're all bad, we collect our new van soon and I have nothing but praise for the dealership, constantly kept in touch via email, if I've emailed I've had a reply within 24 hours, I thinks it's easy to tar British dealerships with the same brush, I'm sure there are some poor ones in Germany as well

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
That suggests a choice of 3 from your part of the world, i hope it's not Becks at Rollesby because they have given excellent service to several of us on Fun.
No, not Becks.
We did actually come very close to giving them the order, as they did actually offer the best deal at the time, but our neighbour had just brought a new one from the dealer that we ended up going with, and so as the deal was within a few pounds went with them, and being a small family business thought the service would be more focused.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Not all dealers are bad - far from it!

However some are 2 of the 3 that we have dealt with (one in Cumbria and one in Hampshire) were on the negative side of appalling!

The 3rd, Southdowns, from whom we bought our new Knaus last year have been Excellent :)

So far!!

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
Can't fault Southdowns at all, they have been excellent. We overnight there when going to ferry, they always through out a hook up for us. Mind you they did relieve us of £107k.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back