Storage SW London/Surrey (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
We hope to make a purchase in the next few months and don't have space to store a van outside our Putney house. Any recommendations for storage in SW London or out into Surrey? We could look at long terming on a site but wouldn't feel to safe leaving it unattended in that way.
Cheers
Bill

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Crawley to far ? "Gatwick CC site"
Tea Bag

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Bill.
Have you thought of having a swan around your area for somewhere local? It's easy to think 'Motorhome' or 'sites' rather than simply thinking secure parking.

The reason I say this is because it's easy to drive around and not see the potential of a parking spot. There are frequently places to permanently park behind shops or in a local secure garage compound, or where ordinary trade vans are parked. Also, anyone who has a piece of land adjacent to their house who would be willing to rent it out.

I realise that the density of London makes Motorhome ownership difficult, but this is not insurmountable. I know Putney quite well, as I used to live in Oakhill Road!!

The problem with storage a long way away (like Surrey) is obviously one of keeping your eye on the vehicle and loading it up. You can't keep valuables on the vehicle (like a TV and other nick-nacks) so you have to bring it all the way back home to load some equipment- not to mention food etc.

Another problem when a long way away is the batteries. You'd either need to give the van a frequent run, or fit a solar panel to keep the batt's topped up.

Hope all this helps?
Let us know how you get on

Regards
James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi
I keep mine at
Apps Court Farm in Walton. (Between Hampton Court and Walton)

Parking is secure behind a key pad gate. I pay £65 per month.
Parking is on grass at the mo but they are hoping to have a hard standing area available within the next year.

I don't know if there are any spaces available so please give them a call.
Very friendly and helpful people.

Apps Court Farm, Hurst Road, Walton On Thames, Surrey. KT12 2EG
(01932 244822 Broken Link Removed01932 244822 701932 250923)
:enquiries@appscourtfarm.com
http://www.appscourtfarm.com

Best regards
Nik.

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi
I keep mine at
Apps Court Farm in Walton. (Between Hampton Court and Walton)

Parking is secure behind a key pad gate. I pay £65 per month.
Parking is on grass at the mo but they are hoping to have a hard standing area available within the next year.

I don't know if there are any spaces available so please give them a call.
Very friendly and helpful people.

Apps Court Farm, Hurst Road, Walton On Thames, Surrey. KT12 2EG
(01932 244822 Broken Link Removed01932 244822 701932 250923)
:enquiries@appscourtfarm.com
http://www.appscourtfarm.com

Best regards
Nik.
Looks great Nik, will have a nosey and chat with them

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi Bill.
Have you thought of having a swan around your area for somewhere local? It's easy to think 'Motorhome' or 'sites' rather than simply thinking secure parking.

The reason I say this is because it's easy to drive around and not see the potential of a parking spot. There are frequently places to permanently park behind shops or in a local secure garage compound, or where ordinary trade vans are parked. Also, anyone who has a piece of land adjacent to their house who would be willing to rent it out.

I realise that the density of London makes Motorhome ownership difficult, but this is not insurmountable. I know Putney quite well, as I used to live in Oakhill Road!!

The problem with storage a long way away (like Surrey) is obviously one of keeping your eye on the vehicle and loading it up. You can't keep valuables on the vehicle (like a TV and other nick-nacks) so you have to bring it all the way back home to load some equipment- not to mention food etc.

Another problem when a long way away is the batteries. You'd either need to give the van a frequent run, or fit a solar panel to keep the batt's topped up.

Hope all this helps?
Let us know how you get on

Regards
James
Thanks very much, good advice thanks James

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
I know of a storage area at Worplesdon nr Guildford. I used to keep the caravan there. I've got the email address of the owner and can pm it to you if its suitable.
It could be a while until we get a van but if you could that would be great - many thanks!

Sep 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Campervan
I know of a storage area at Worplesdon nr Guildford. I used to keep the caravan there. I've got the email address of the owner and can pm it to you if its suitable.
Hello! I've just seen this and was wondering if you would mind sending me this at all please? We're rather desperately looking for somewhere to store our camper.
Thank you so much!

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Hello! I've just seen this and was wondering if you would mind sending me this at all please? We're rather desperately looking for somewhere to store our camper.
Thank you so much!
Where are you looking? Is Horsham within range?

We have parked ours / our car at Willowtree storage in Lower Beeding. CaSSoa gold rated, great owner, fully secure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back