Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I want to do the seams all round my van as its 10 years old now and the sealant is looking a bit dried out ,so could anybody advise which one is the most suitable ,I believe Sikaflex has a good reputation.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Puraflex 40 from toolsataion £4.10 a tube half price of Sikaflex and just as good
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sikaflex is a polyurethane adhesive fine if you are 100% certain you will never want to get the seals off. In manufacture they normally use a non-setting butyl based mastic with a high elasticity.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sikaflex is a polyurethane adhesive fine if you are 100% certain you will never want to get the seals off. In manufacture they normally use a non-setting butyl based mastic with a high elasticity.
Yes they do that's why they leak ;) because it's crap:(
terry

OP
OP
mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I have just bought some of the sealant Terry recommended and looking at the instructions I note its made by the Sika Group(y)

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Considering there are hundreds of types of Sikaflex perhaps there is one that is sealant rather than adhesive. This may help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I've never had any problems with Sikaflex but, its certainly expensive, so worth it? Time will tell.
Don't get me wrong Sikaflex is good stuff but so is the puraflex 40 and it's prob half price and stay usable for a few weeks unlike Sikaflex that once opened after 24 hrs or so has gone off making it even more expensive :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back