Morecambe Meet next weekend (11th) update (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi all ::bigsmile:

The current attendees are as follows:

Current Attendees

Bryan & Suzy
Tony Santara & RuthRV
Geo & Pammy
Vulcan558 (Graham & Jean)
PenelopePitstop (Marie & Rex)
Hildweller
Ehuplad
Road Runner
Patrick

(Road Runner re-added as he can now make it ::bigsmile:)

We also have some-one called EDWARDS booked but they still haven't told me who they are on here... :Doh: (please do so if you are reading this:winky:)

So that makes a total of 10 booked and so this meet is now FULL :Smile:

You are still able to book independently with the site - it just means you won't be campe din our ten reserved pitches - and join us socially of course ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Here are some details

We do like to be beside the sea! Morecambe’s annual celebration of the seaside

Seaside entertainment on Morecambe promenade
A fabulous evocation of the seaside entertainment and holiday atmosphere, enjoyed by millions in Morecambe’s heyday, is provided by the resort’s forthcoming ‘We do like to be beside the sea!’ festival.
The festival takes place over the weekend 12 and 13 September and centred around Lancaster City Council’s Platform venue and seafront in Morecambe where, as the town’s old motto proclaims, ‘Beauty surrounds and health abounds’.
A fantastic array of entertainment and attractions will be featured including a proliferation of Punch and Judy professors, escapology and sword swallowing, a flea circus, salty storytelling, sea songs and shanties, a pierrot troupe and a seaside variety show, which includes ‘The Great Deckchair Challenge!’
There will also be sand sculpting, an aerial display by the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and the annual visit of the Bradford to Morecambe Historic Vehicle Run. A vintage bus and coach will provide a special express service along the promenade.
Almost all daytime events are free, with a modest charge for evening concerts at The Platform.
Full details are available in the festival programme, available from Morecambe and Lancaster Visitor Information Centres and Customer Service Centres at Lancaster and Morecambe Town Halls.
For more information telephone 01524 582808 or visit Link Removed.

Date Updated: 04/09/09

(These details lifted from here Link Removed)

And here are some details of the events at "The Platform" on Morecambe promenade over the weekend:

Friday 11th September
LAST NIGHT OF THE PROMS
With Pilling Band and Vocalist Wendy Sharrock
The Pilling Band celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2005 and is well known on the concert circuit. The band is in the 2nd section locally and 3rd section nationally and has a busy concert programme. Soloist Wendy Sharrock (mezzo soprano) trained at the Royal Northern College of Music and went on to sing for several years with Opera North in Leeds. She performs in concerts and recitals locally and is a regular guest singer with the K Shoe Male Voice Choir. She also teaches privately and at the Lancaster Stage School. For the `Last Night of the Proms` event, the audience is invited to dress in appropriate patriotic style. This concert is organised by Wesley Methodist Church
8pm £8

Saturday 12th September
MARITIME MUSIC CONCERT
As part of this year`s `We Do Like to be Beside the Sea` weekend, we present an evening of performances by some of the country`s finest exponents of sea songs and shanties. Paul Sirman, folk scene stalwart and regular guest at UK maritime festivals will perform a selection of his fine self penned songs, many of which reflect his love of the Cornish coast and support of the RNLI. Singer and concertina player, Andy Kenna, performs sea shanties and traditional folk music reflecting his Liverpool-Irish roots, all delivered in a distinctive exuberant style. He also writes his own material, including beautiful sensitive settings for a number of John Masefield`s sea poems. Louis Killen, a key voice in English traditional song and leading exponent of the seasong repertoire, is quite simply a living legend. Do not miss this increasingly rare opportunity to see him. Stormalong John – once heard, never forgotten – Liverpool`s ebullient hard-core shanty group`s wall of sound performances are guaranteed to stir you to the very core!
7.30pm £8

Sunday 13th September
SID KIPPER
Part of the We Do Like To Be Beside the Sea festival
Quirky comic Sid Kipper presents his show `Cod and Ships`, a virtual cruise with hilarious on board entertainment delivered personally by the man himself who has been likened to `the rural equivalent of a city slicker`. Sit back and enjoy the view as Sid illuminates the voyage with songs, stories, sayings and shanties. Hear about mermaids, mutiny, maroonings and mackerel. Join in with the choruses and let your worries drift away as you travel back to the days of sail and the coast of Norfolk. This show is part of the `We Do Like To Be Beside The Sea ` festival and is suitable for all the family.
“Sid Kipper is attracting deserved rations of adoration, as he continues to ask fresh followers where they`ve been this last decade or so” Eastern Daily Press
8pm £7

(These details lifted from here Link Removed)

I've also found the following info...

The Bradford to Morecambe Vehicle rally is scheduled for Sunday the 13th and the Battle of Britain aircraft display is scheduled for 1pm on the Sunday.

So if you are already coming GREAT! We can't wait to see you there and if you are thinking of coming...get your booking in and join the FUN! :thumb:::bigsmile:

Bryan & Suzy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We are coming too but in the car as the van will not be fixed by then. Probably pop over Saturday for tea time. or mid afternoon. Will someone still be around? if I can fix the MH by next weekend, ie my window comes, we may join you in that instead. Or if we can find a b&b which allows dogs we may be around a little longer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looking on Google the campsite is 5 miles out of Morcambe, is there a cycle track along the coast ?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Sounds fantastic, just wish all these events werent so far away from us during school term time.

I hope you all have a fantastic time and look forward to seeing the photos

Safe journeys everyone xxxx

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Looking on Google the campsite is 5 miles out of Morcambe, is there a cycle track along the coast ?

Morecambe is very keen on cycling and a quick search brought up this informative site ::bigsmile:

Link Removed

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We are coming too but in the car as the van will not be fixed by then. Probably pop over Saturday for tea time. or mid afternoon. Will someone still be around? if I can fix the MH by next weekend, ie my window comes, we may join you in that instead. Or if we can find a b&b which allows dogs we may be around a little longer.

Come on Paul you know you want to come for the whole weekend! Get your act together!!:ROFLMAO:

Got some great photos from France - bring your money and I'll sell you the negatives!!!:ROFLMAO:

Morecambe will be GREAT!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

happycamper

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
bolton le sands lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi top camper
Exp
14 years
morecambe meet

Hi Guys

Just read the post for the morecambe meet.

Bay view holiday park is my next door neighbour. I can see it out of my hall window.

The site was originally detrongate caravan park and has recently been bought by holgates (they have a site in silverdale) They have been spending on the development of the site and have been upgrading it.

I am sure you will all have a good meet.

take care:thumb:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi Guys

Just read the post for the morecambe meet.

Bay view holiday park is my next door neighbour. I can see it out of my hall window.

The site was originally detrongate caravan park and has recently been bought by holgates (they have a site in silverdale) They have been spending on the development of the site and have been upgrading it.

I am sure you will all have a good meet.

take care:thumb:

Thanks for the post ::bigsmile:

As you are so close, please do call in at some point over the weekend and say HI!

Bryan

happycamper

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
bolton le sands lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi top camper
Exp
14 years
Thanks for the invite Bryan will do.

Also Have just put motorhome up for sale in the classifieds if anyone wants to have a look as I have now bought a campervan.

cheers look forward to meeting you.

franc:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Bryan, Just phoned for last spot at Morecambe was told last place taken.
Peter:Doh::cry:

That's tough - weather forecast is great, esp Wed/Thu.

Cleveleys wasn't up to much this morning ! We came yesterday to see Freddie Starr.
Wind - like it was on special offer. But Freddie can still make us fall off our seats.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Bryan, Just phoned for last spot at Morecambe was told last place taken.
Peter:Doh::cry:

I think you will have to drop Bryan a PM. There seems to be some misunderstanding at the site as regards bookings for MHfun:thumb:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hello all ::bigsmile:

Sorry Peter, the last 'official' place has indeed gone. Patrick has PM'd me to say he has booked with the site and needs adding to the list.

BUT...

The site does have spaces left and you can still book - you just won't be camped in the 10 pitches we have reserved.

You are of course more than welcome to book with the site independently and come and join us socially ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:.

Bryan

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi

Unfortunately we are no longer able to go to this Festival so if anyone wants this place just let me know.:Sad:

Pammy

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi

Unfortunately we are no longer able to go to this Festival so if anyone wants this place just let me know.:Sad:

Pammy

Sorry to hear that you are unable to attend this meet :cry:.

Regarding your place, have you seen the post from Peter Marshall? He was hoping to come..

If it's ok we'll just pop along in the car and say hello :roflmto:

Of course it's okay ::bigsmile:

We look forward to seeing you there:thumb:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years

Sorry to hear that you are unable to attend this meet :cry:.

Regarding your place, have you seen the post from Peter Marshall? He was hoping to come..

I spoke to him yesterday on the phone Bryan but he had then found out that his family were hoping to do a surprise birthday for him - not so much of a surprise now tho:cry:

So if anyone wants the place it is still up for grabs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back