Done a Deal on My IH motorhome!! (1 Viewer)

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
Hi folks,
I will feel a bit more like one of the crowd from mid-October when I take delivery of my first ever motorhome, I'm thrilled with my choice, having decided on a van conversion type for everyday practicality (in my circumstances that is) a long time ago. I looked at many makes and models before falling seriously in love with a pre-loved IH Tio R found quite by chance when I called into a dealer not far from where my daughter lives. Really low mileage (less than 10,000), slightly overpriced for the year (cough), but absolutely immaculate. It was the first time (having looked at hundreds of vans within the last year) that I have thought 'thats the one for me'. I can't really describe the knowing that I felt, but thats how it was for me. I hope it all works out for me with the van, as I plan to use it a lot; having dreamed of 'the great escape' for many years. I don't plan full time usage, but certainly very lengthy regular trips. Look forward to meeting some of you. Just wanted to share my good news.
Richyx

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Delighted for you

Absolutely delighted for you RichyB. You can't go wrong with an IH. as I have one and its as good as the day I got it from IH in 2002. They are made to last, live in and to enjoy.

Have many happy trip & God bless! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You will not regret your choice in an IH im on my second, they are the best imho a great choice as my last was a tio r:thumb:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Congratulations.
Many people on here talk about that 'Knowing' this is the one for you. I hope it works that way for me as well :Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Good to know that you have finally found a van that suits you, it is often the way you look and look then you spot something and you think............ Thats the one!!!!!:Eeek:

Hope it lives up to your dream.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
RichyB

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
You will not regret your choice in an IH im on my second, they are the best imho a great choice as my last was a tio r:thumb:

I love the layout of the oregon, its a beautiful van

OP
OP
RichyB

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months

I love the layout of the oregon, its a beautiful van (I take it thats what yours is?). Maybe sometime I'll have one of those, but I'm really happy with the purchase. Thanks for the kind words.:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
yes mine is a new oregon rl extra long wheelbase its on the 3litre comfortmatic and we love it:thumb:

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I'm thinking of buying a new panel van motorhome with Comfortmatic gearbox. Is the IH judder free. What's the MPG of the 3 litre engine.

I love the IH but it might be a little above my budget.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Good luck Richy really pleased for you:thumb:

Hope to see you around some time:thumb:

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
I'm thinking of buying a new panel van motorhome with Comfortmatic gearbox. Is the IH judder free. What's the MPG of the 3 litre engine.

Can't say much about the mpg , but can confirm that the 3 litre auto box is very much judder free.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done RichyB... I am pretty sure from you posts here that you are going to have superb times in your IH. All thoses places, views, experiences and people that are now reachable...

JJ

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Richy

Cracking van, wishing you many happy and safe travels . :Smile:

jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Glad you got there in the end, nice van. Unfortunately between now mid-October will feel like six months at least.:Smile: Exciting times ahead - Enjoy:thumb:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Great news Richy, hope everything works out OK for you's:thumb:

even at this time of year there's lots going on, Helloween, Bonefire night, Xmas Markets, Skiing (if its winterised) and Newyear

If you've got it by the 9th of october, why not come to the Nuneaton get together and well see how many partying funsters we can get in it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp

mine drives really well does not judder and reverses really slowly at a crawl no problems so far and IH is a quality product:thumb:it seems to be averaging about 28mpg but has only done 2500 miles so may get better

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
congrats are in order

hi, there, best of luck with new van. nice set up these vans. lovely finish. runs like a dream. i maybe overdoing it a bit ha ha. no really we got ih oregon 2003 not had it long. its a smasher. happy camping richie-lynn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back