Autotrail Apache 700 tv points (1 Viewer)

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
Having been away for a couple of days down at freshwater bay Bridport with my family made up of 1 wife and 3 daughters, trying to watch match of the day was a struggle I have to say.
Whilst packing up today I suddenly noticed that I have 2 tv point cables coming from the aerial box in the cupboard. One obviously goes to the drop down tv at the back but I was wondering if the spare cable goes to the front and one of you good people could tell me where so I can get another to mounted at the front somehow.
Thanks for your help.

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
In my Apache 700 there is the drop down to in cab and a second point in the rear lounge

OP
OP
Tony drake

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
In my Apache 700 there is the drop down to in cab and a second point in the rear lounge
Mine has the drop down factory tv fitted in the back and works fine. I want to fit another at the front but didn't know if anyone knew where the cable is hidden.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the valley that freshwater sits in makes tv reception a bit hit and miss. Have camped on the rally field next door dozens of times and regularly had people complaining they couldnt get tv

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mine also has the drop down TV in front and another socket in lounge. I had one put in at the overcab bed too.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
@Tony drake do we assume that you have nothing in the front of the cab then ?? Is no media packed fitted..
Usually the cable would be behind the radio so could be worth pulling it out and having a look. It's the most obvious place as it would be needed there to connect to any add on media system.

OP
OP
Tony drake

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
@Tony drake do we assume that you have nothing in the front of the cab then ?? Is no media packed fitted..
Usually the cable would be behind the radio so could be worth pulling it out and having a look. It's the most obvious place as it would be needed there to connect to any add on media system.
I'm not sure if I have the media pack??
I have sat nav, radio, rear camera etc and rear lounge tv already fitted when I bought the van but I can see 2 tv cables coming from my aerial box so I want to find the other end in the front where ever that may be as I'm assuming it goes to the front somewhere.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I'm not sure if I have the media pack??
I have sat nav, radio, rear camera etc and rear lounge tv already fitted when I bought the van but I can see 2 tv cables coming from my aerial box so I want to find the other end in the front where ever that may be as I'm assuming it goes to the front somewhere.

Simple.. Is there a drop down screen in the cab ?? Or a TV screen on the radio unit....?
If neither of above then as suggested, the cable may be tucked away behind the radio ready for when a media system with TV is fitted..

I see you have a new Fiat cab, not sure what they are fitting as standard now..
Usually media pack is an optional extra that you pay for... Check your invoice.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
With four women in the family your always going to struggle to watch MOTD ! no matter what you try

OP
OP
Tony drake

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
Simple.. Is there a drop down screen in the cab ?? Or a TV screen on the radio unit....?
If neither of above then as suggested, the cable may be tucked away behind the radio ready for when a media system with TV is fitted..

I see you have a new Fiat cab, not sure what they are fitting as standard now..
Usually media pack is an optional extra that you pay for... Check your invoice.
No drop down screen in the cab or tv on the radio so I'll pull the radio out and have a look for the cable. Thanks for your help tonka.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
The radio screen but there's no tv available on the radio.

ah are you sure, the tv sound comes from the radio, the tv picture is on thew rear veiw camera screen, in older units like mine you had to tune the radio to a Fequency to get sound, on the newer ones I "belive" have a direct sound input like an Aux input you chooose and select tv input somehow on the screen, berhaps owners of newer style units could help you more on that.
all that is above asumes its a standard fit radio and has not been changed to aftermarket

OP
OP
Tony drake

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
Oh ok I'll take a closer look at the radio too then.
Mine is standard radio and nav.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Oh ok I'll take a closer look at the radio too then.
Mine is standard radio and nav.

just noticed your in poole, I think funster @breakers ? is near you and has a simular age autotrail why not pm him pehaps he might be able to help more

OP
OP
Tony drake

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
Lol I like that way better.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Are you sure that one of the two wires coming out the "Arial Box" is not a wire IN from the Arial and a wire OUT to the TVo_O

OP
OP
Tony drake

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
Are you sure that one of the two wires coming out the "Arial Box" is not a wire IN from the Arial and a wire OUT to the TVo_O
Yes geo. it has 1 input and 2 output saying tv1 tv2

Angela Johnstone

Free Member
Apr 5, 2017
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
I am a Newbie this week
Hi I have a small screen for reversing camera and dVd's A little remote that I do no know for what and a drop down TV which does not seem to be a TV Does anybody know what to do and can I upgrade Radion cd and reversing camera unit to become a Sat Nav as well Autotrail 700 2010

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi I have a small screen for reversing camera and dVd's A little remote that I do no know for what and a drop down TV which does not seem to be a TV Does anybody know what to do and can I upgrade Radion cd and reversing camera unit to become a Sat Nav as well Autotrail 700 2010

@Angela Johnstone looks like you have used all your free posts.. £15 is the annual subscription to be a full member. Good value for all the info and hep you could gain..

Ref the Drop down.. It is a monitor for the rear view camera. There should be a black switch to turn it on and other controls inside the top cupboard behind the drivers seat.. Same place as the Sargent power supply / charger..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back