Snow Leopard Mac OS 10.6 anyone ? (1 Viewer)

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I have been reading about it and thinking of getting it but it doesn't seem at first glance that it does anything that Leopard doesn't already do..... just maybe does it with less disk space...... Got disk space coming out me ears, don't need to scrounge any back.

That said I am still reading and may find something useful. I was expecting an upgrade of the already brilliant accessibility standard but it doesn't seem to have anything I haven't already got on my 6 month old Imac

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I got it has a 'free' update for my macbook pro (I just paid the postage).

It's fast! I mean FAST!:thumb:
It's stable:thumb:
It's on a Mac:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Upgraded my Macbook and there are a few changes to some menu's but not very different to Leopard in overall appearance.

It does now keep asking me for password permission for 3rd party hardware and software to make changes. Never had that before.

It does seem quite a bit quicker than 10.5.

"The jury is still out on this one"

Pete :Cool:

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
It's fantastic

I got it the other day and I can't believe the difference it has made to my MAC. Much faster in fact so fast it's almost impossible to keep up with it. It's what I've come to expect from Apple. A wonderful product - go ahead and spend the £25 quid you'll not regret it.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I got it the other day and I can't believe the difference it has made to my MAC. Much faster in fact so fast it's almost impossible to keep up with it. It's what I've come to expect from Apple. A wonderful product - go ahead and spend the £25 quid you'll not regret it.

Well, I love to..

but it won't run on my G4 17" Power Book .. the last of the truly great Macs :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Well, I love to..

but it won't run on my G4 17" Power Book .. the last of the truly great Macs :Sad:

It took me a while to part with my G4 for a G5 PPC and wished I hadn't at the time. I then sold it on fleabay and bought an Intel iMac, what a fantastic machine that was.
I now have an Intel Macbook and it's a fantastic machine too.
Intel Mac's are streets ahead of the PPC's.
Bite the bullet and move on then you will see what the Mac can really do.

Pete:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back