Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thinking of taking grand daughter to ED early June.
Questions
Can you still park overnight in ED?
Anyone know the cost and are there any emptying facilities there?
Thanks (y)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We stopped there for a few days last September, no bother.

You pay per day, not per night, on entry to begin with, then (in theory) at the ticket office at the bottom end of the car park behind the coach driver's pavilion. However, the manning of this is a bit erratic and they insist on one booth only being used for MH payments. Day 1 we paid on entry, day 2 I paid at the booth first thing, day 3 no-one was at the MH booth in the morning and we were leaving that afternoon so I didn't bother - talk about Mickey Mouse operation.. When we got back to the MH after going in the park there was a payment reminder on the windscreen (they do check) but I ignored it. As they don't record number plate details on the ticket I doubt if I'm on Goofy's hit list.

Cost was 20-30 Euros per day as I recall. There's a waste dumping point for coaches near the pavilion, which will be open in June, although it can be shut early in the year. Fill your fresh water tank before going to the park as the driver's pavilion is theoretically for coach drivers only and I didn't see any exterior taps.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's been a while since we went but arrived late 10pm and had a night outside the gates.. Free... :)
First thing in the morning, drove in and had breakfast at the van, then in the park as soon as it was open..
1/2 a day in park before return to van for a break then back in for the afternoon and spent just one overnight at Disney.
Left next morning.. Current summer cost per day/night is €30

We paid at the park entrance and just did a day, from memory we had a free adult ticket via the P&O crossing so keep a watch out for similar offers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We were there a couple of weeks ago. Cost is now 35 euros per day for MH parking :Eeek:. Free with annual pass. They do check and now direct you to Donald's office by the park entrance to pay for additional days - not the group ticket counter. We had to pay the first night as our annual passes had expired.

Water, black and grey waste (Apr - Nov) and recycling provided.

Edit - there are a couple of water taps along the fence dividing the coach and MH areas - one on the MH side about 100 metres from the covered central walkway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back