Parking Ticket - Question (2 Viewers)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

My son was issued a parking ticket - parked on double yellows in a side street - guilty, no problem.

What made me post is that the ticket was issued last night (Saturday) at 20.05 by a 'Civil Enforcement Officer'

Could it be a CEO working overtime (Saturday night on a Bank Holiday!) or could the CEO be a resident on that side street?

@GJH any thoughts Graham - or anyone else ?

not arguing about the offence, just seems odd

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Is it possible that there has been a particular problem in that area at that time identified and reported?

That could be a reason for an officer to be working at an odd time.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I've been ticketed at a similar time of day. Wasn't happy but at least it shows that they really mean it so no issues with it really

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
"Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) is the new name for Parking Attendants, or Traffic Wardens as they are often still called. The Traffic Management Act 2004 specifies this new name because as the name implies, the prime function of a CEO is to enforce legislation governed by Civil Law."

I read a Facebook post recently regarding people overnighting on a seaside car park..
Seem's the CEO'S are starting before 6am to issue tickets when the overnighters are still in bed and then issue tickets as they are not allowed on that car park during the day.. !

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I've been ticketed at a similar time of day. Wasn't happy but at least it shows that they really mean it so no issues with it really

In our village, CEOs (Traffic Wardens) are as common as a policeman on patrol - or hen's teeth

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My son was issued a parking ticket - parked on double yellows in a side street - guilty, no problem.

What made me post is that the ticket was issued last night (Saturday) at 20.05 by a 'Civil Enforcement Officer'

Could it be a CEO working overtime (Saturday night on a Bank Holiday!) or could the CEO be a resident on that side street?

@GJH any thoughts Graham - or anyone else ?

not arguing about the offence, just seems odd

If a restriction is in place it is for a reason and no surprise if is enforced. Restrictions follow problem hours not office hours.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Was it a Red Light district?
Cheers, Dave(y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I recall going out on a Saturday night in Stoke on Trent where our son and his wife lived at the time.

I too was surprised to see Parking attendants patrolling the city centre as there were numerous car parks that had restrictions as to relevant times.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I Dover they go around in pairs ina van at night and weekends as well, they are booking the lorries in the area near Tesco which is a dead area but does have double yellow lines in the roads. They are booking the lorries that are waiting to deliver in the store but cannot get in until the booked in time. Going around like that means they maximise the fine from the unsuspecting, and must only do it as they are sure of a good return for a Sunday nights skulking around in the van, they go around all of these zone so it must be for the money as there is NO WAY it is to preserve traffic flow, it is just the money. They did however keep well away from the P**ies convoy up there, all brazenly parked up for a week whilst they went around trying to flog dodgy generators and chainsaw. a fleet of Hobby MHs and transits with caravan, with a couple of NEW range Rovers. All on Eitre plates,, Anyone missing a Hobby motorhome?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back