LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi All you simpletons, this is a quick one “long time since I’ve had one of those” lol. As some of you will know I’ve recently joined the frat house of Motorhomers fraternity, I have a Autotrail Cheyenne 2008 840D and it has two 6kg propane bottles on it.

My X wife, bless her cotton socks, has offered me some 13kg propane bottles empty, my x never did give anything away except Me. I said to her that I thought that motorhome’s could only fit 11kg bottles, as that is what I’ve read when all you good people talk about fitting Gaslow or the other one Gasit they seem to talk about 11kg bottles is that correct or not? I would of thought if your rig could take 13kg bottles then that is what you would fit, but looking at some of the pictures of rigs which have Gaslow etc fitted the locker looks very full as if no bigger bottle would fit.
Can my rig take 13KG bottles if so I’ll have two off of her?

Many Thanks Tony

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Might be daft question Tony but is ex local to you? Can you not just try them?

Hope they fit though. It is a lot less stressful knowing you are not going to run out when the heater on.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
ony but is ex local to you? Can you not just try them?
Hi Movan I'm not toooooooo friendly with the person she married if you know what I mean LOL. but yes that would be the best way to check, but I can't see me making friends with him just to get two free bottles, I might have made an exception if the bottles were full.LOL
Best Wishes Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hi All you simpletons, this is a quick one “long time since I’ve had one of those” lol. As some of you will know I’ve recently joined the frat house of Motorhomers fraternity, I have a Autotrail Cheyenne 2008 840D and it has two 6kg propane bottles on it.

My X wife, bless her cotton socks, has offered me some 13kg propane bottles empty, my x never did give anything away except Me. I said to her that I thought that motorhome’s could only fit 11kg bottles, as that is what I’ve read when all you good people talk about fitting Gaslow or the other one Gasit they seem to talk about 11kg bottles is that correct or not? I would of thought if your rig could take 13kg bottles then that is what you would fit, but looking at some of the pictures of rigs which have Gaslow etc fitted the locker looks very full as if no bigger bottle would fit.
Can my rig take 13KG bottles if so I’ll have two off of her?

Many Thanks Tony

Ex wives, HHmmmmm! When I got divorced from my Ex wife we split the house 50/50 she got the outside.......

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Why not accept them any way.. See if they will fit and if they do, bonus. if they do not.. Well I am sure someone would be happy to take them off your hands !

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Is she offloading them because she can't get rid of them herself? And she doesn't need them. Make sure they have the screw thing at the top or you have to buy one when you take them back to be changed. Just saying!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is she offloading them because she can't get rid of them herself? And she doesn't need them. Make sure they have the screw thing at the top or you have to buy one when you take them back to be changed. Just saying!
Are you thinking of Campingaz rather than Calor?

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Is she offloading them because she can't get rid of them herself?
Yes she is getting rid of them because she does not need them, They have now got a new Autotrail Dakota and it has Gaslow or something like that so they can fill up at a fuel station.
Bet Wishes Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back