Autotrail Wall Lining Spares ! I Think! (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I am in need of what looks to be a piece of wall covering where the rear tv is situated where a very small area has come off when peeling off a piece of double sided velcro. It looks as though this stuff is just stuck to the walls in a sort of wood effect. Does anyone know where i can get a tiny piece just to put over this mark, it is annoying the hell out of me ?

Motorhome is Autotrail Delaware 2015 Model

Not tried autotrail yet as i expect it will be a few hundred quid from them as they always like to keep their prices low NOT.

Any help appreciated.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I am in need of what looks to be a piece of wall covering where the rear tv is situated where a very small area has come off when peeling off a piece of double sided velcro. It looks as though this stuff is just stuck to the walls in a sort of wood effect. Does anyone know where i can get a tiny piece just to put over this mark, it is annoying the hell out of me ?

Motorhome is Autotrail Delaware 2015 Model

Not tried autotrail yet as i expect it will be a few hundred quid from them as they always like to keep their prices low NOT.

Any help appreciated.

Is it timber effect veneer or the wall "paper" you're looking for?
If the former you can get matching screw head stick on vinyl covers.
If the latter, would a piece of the matching jointing tape used to cover the board joints do? If so, you can get rolls \ cuttings of this. Or, could you carefully remove a hidden piece and use that to cover the tear?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
2015...... Guarantee... Let the dealer / Autotrail sort it out..
I know it may be a pain but at least lodge the faulty with AT customer services and see what they say..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Is it timber effect veneer or the wall "paper" you're looking for?
If the former you can get matching screw head stick on vinyl covers.
If the latter, would a piece of the matching jointing tape used to cover the board joints do? If so, you can get rolls \ cuttings of this. Or, could you carefully remove a hidden piece and use that to cover the tear?

Not sure it looks as though this stuff is just stuck on but i may be wrong, it looks like a wood effec. Would need to be wafer thin though if possible

2015...... Guarantee... Let the dealer / Autotrail sort it out..
I know it may be a pain but at least lodge the faulty with AT customer services and see what they say..

This time it is not there fault as i caused it when i peeled off the velcro, it is only small so not major but i could do with something to cover over it as i always look at it now

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Sounds like you have pulled off the top layer of the lightweight board that is used, it will be difficult to repair so make a feature instead. Larger TV perhaps or even a Fun sticker

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not sure it looks as though this stuff is just stuck on but i may be wrong, it looks like a wood effec. Would need to be wafer thin though if possible

I got a sheet of "screw head" covers (not the best of photos) from the supplying dealer -

P1020335.JPG

Have a look around your van as they are used to cover what would be exposed screw heads and you'll see how they look. They are paper thin and blend in quite well.
Another option may be to go to an art shop and get a coloured crayon \ pencil \ felt pen that closely matches the damage and camouflage it?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
You don't say what the colour is but if it's the popular Maple or light oak then you can buy a 7ft x 4ft sheet at 3mm thick for around £25, this could be stuck over the entire wall.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Don't know what the 2015 colour is but 2013 is some type of cherry, from memory. I got samples of light oak and maple and neither were a good match however if you are doing the full panel it may look ok.
Google self adhesive vinyl (or in the words of Blue Peter sticky backed plastic"!).

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I got a sheet of "screw head" covers (not the best of photos) from the supplying dealer -

View attachment 103558

Have a look around your van as they are used to cover what would be exposed screw heads and you'll see how they look. They are paper thin and blend in quite well.
Another option may be to go to an art shop and get a coloured crayon \ pencil \ felt pen that closely matches the damage and camouflage it?

That looks the same color, can you buy these?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
That looks the same color, can you buy these?
I got the sheet from my supplying dealer (foc as some were missing) so would assume they will be able to supply to yourself. They should be able to colour match on your year \ model. Price? If your close to the dealer might be worthwhile toddling in to see if they've got one or two kicking about.
The "dots" are about 3/4" in diameter.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I got the sheet from my supplying dealer (foc as some were missing) so would assume they will be able to supply to yourself. They should be able to colour match on your year \ model. Price? If your close to the dealer might be worthwhile toddling in to see if they've got one or two kicking about.
The "dots" are about 3/4" in diameter.

I will ask them next time i am there as they are 4 hours away from us which is a nuisance.

Thanks anyway.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just a thought.
Have a look in your garage \ under the double bed on your Delaware you might find a screw head that's been covered by one of these "dots" that you could carefully peel off using a razor blade \ craft knife and use inside. One missing in the garage would be less intrusive for you than the damage on the wall.
Our Savannah has the garage screw heads covered.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Just a thought.
Have a look in your garage \ under the double bed on your Delaware you might find a screw head that's been covered by one of these "dots" that you could carefully peel off using a razor blade \ craft knife and use inside. One missing in the garage would be less intrusive for you than the damage on the wall.
Our Savannah has the garage screw heads covered.

Thanks i will take a look later to see if there is one there. Never looked to be honest, might be a good tip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back