TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Planning to use this short ferry crossing, Puttgarden to Rodby, in early June as Mrs L doesn't like boats! Does anyone know if you can just turn up or do you have to book? I don't like planning too far ahead and the ferry website doesn't cover this point. I suppose I could of course book online a couple of days before but that will depend on getting an internet connection.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Haven't used this crossing - but I am guessing you have already thought of just going through Denmark and using the bridges? You can also just use the one bridge and very short ferry Helsingor/Helsingborg -to Sweden if thats your destination? at least 2 ferry companies doing this crossing and you can just turn up

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Actually, I got the header really wrong - I'm looking at GERMANY to DENMARK, which is the ferry I'm interested in - surprised someone hasn't corrected me yet!

Yep, when we cross Denmark to Sweden I'm looking at using the bridges - it's little difference in mileage or cost. But thanks anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Actually, I got the header really wrong - I'm looking at GERMANY to DENMARK, which is the ferry I'm interested in - surprised someone hasn't corrected me yet!

Yep, when we cross Denmark to Sweden I'm looking at using the bridges - it's little difference in mileage or cost. But thanks anyway.
If your wanting to go Germany to Denmark you don't need a ferry just drive if she doesn't like sailing, or to miss the charges for the bridge get the ferry from Sweden to Germany longer crossing though.

To help answer your question although I haven't used ferry mentioned any we used a couple of years ago we just turned up it did work out slightly more expensive than the website the day before.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Was just going to:)

It's a turn up and join the que operation. No booking required. To get to Sweden it's either bridge or similar ferry operation from Frederickshaven - Gotenburg which is cheaper

Lovely trip.....jealous! Especially when you get to Sweden. Viking museum in Rotskild worth a visit... (Denmark)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If your wanting to go Germany to Denmark you don't need a ferry just drive if she doesn't like sailing,

Thanks, looked at that, it's quite a bit longer but maybe go that way if weather looks iffy. Or if we've the time on the way back, have a better look at Denmark.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

Just used the Rostock to Gedster route think thats the one you are considering ?
OK to turn up there is an automatic ticket machine or a pay booth. Was busy with lorries a few days ago so in the summer you may have to wait to get on, easy to book online and take your ticket on a phone/ tablet.. You wont get their smile discount if you do it that way, but its a bit of a con because firstly you have to get the card by using the service once, then you have to book some days/weeks ahead when its busy.
NB they put the prices up on the website by €30 during the German bank holiday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Actually looking at Puttgarden to Rodby, which is a turn-up-and-pay as well. Will keep Rostock in mind though, thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back