First insurance (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
After reading many of these threads I rang around for insurance quotes.

The most expensive being NFU at £790 without European breakdown cover and the cheapest being Comfort and Safeguard at £370 including breakdown cover. Apart from the breakdown cover the policies were pretty much identical...bonkers!!

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
After reading many of these threads I rang around for insurance quotes.

The most expensive being NFU at £790 without European breakdown cover and the cheapest being Comfort and Safeguard at £370 including breakdown cover. Apart from the breakdown cover the policies were pretty much identical...bonkers!!

Until you need to claim!!

(Stands back, awaits incoming fire!) :D

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
I think a lot of it is timing. We are getting a new van so moving (back) to safeguard and getting 12 months for price of 10'worked for us.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've had a claim with Comfort so has my mate neither of us had any problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Both with 3rd parties.

Try claiming with no third party involvement i.e. for theft or similar.

Comfort won't even speak to you. You have to deal directly with Aviva's main call centre. I pray you never have to go through that pain.

After losing the will to live trying to get through to the cretins in Norwich I rang tried ringing the main Comfort phone line. They refused to discuss anything to do with the claim with me. Apparently in the event of a claim they will only help you if there is a third party involved who they can charge some fees to. Piss poor customer service.

I don't care how cheap they are, they won't be getting my renewal. I'll pay 20 times as much to not renew with them.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We are with AIB .. I'm in crime zone london E12 .. parked on the drive .. £279.
Great price..
I would love to be an NFU customer but their prices are awfull

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I
Try claiming with no third party involvement i.e. for theft or similar.

Comfort won't even speak to you. You have to deal directly with Aviva's main call centre. I pray you never have to go through that pain.

After losing the will to live trying to get through to the cretins in Norwich I rang tried ringing the main Comfort phone line. They refused to discuss anything to do with the claim with me. Apparently in the event of a claim they will only help you if there is a third party involved who they can charge some fees to. Piss poor customer service.

I don't care how cheap they are, they won't be getting my renewal. I'll pay 20 times as much to not renew with them.
I had to deal with the Aviva call centre and they treated my claim as a 50/50 no problems even gave me an extension number so I could speak to the same person. At renewal Comfort treated it as a no fault claim.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I
I had to deal with the Aviva call centre and they treated my claim as a 50/50 no problems even gave me an extension number so I could speak to the same person. At renewal Comfort treated it as a no fault claim.

You were far luckier than me. I had to go through the main number each time and speak to a succession of people who didn't even understand what a motorhome is never mind what I wanted from them.

I ended up having to do all the legwork to get the bits and pieces sorted out myself. In the end because it was costing far less than I thought I cancelled the claim and just paid for it all.

As I said before Comfort weren't in the slightest bit interested and wouldn't even speak to me.

It's ensured that Comfort will not under any circumstances get my business again and I will go out of my way to make sure I never have any policy of any description underwritten by Aviva.

One or the other I might have perhaps put down to experience but Comfort's complete lack of customer care coupled with the incompetence of the Aviva call centre monkeys I find unacceptable.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
This will only be of interest to anyone living in France.

Our cars are insured with Banque Populaire Occitane so it seemed to make sense to use them for the MH. For a restricted annual kilometrage (8,000) we are paying about €425 p.a. Motor insurance in France tends to cost much more that UK so I was pleased.

BPO dealt with our car breakdown problem quickly and efficiently - taking only 10 mins to get a recovery truck to on a Sunday afternoon next to the river Lot in the wilds near Cahors.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back