Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
I have to have radiotherapy treatment at the BRI lasting three weeks. If anyone has parking space for Vauxhall Meriva during this time I would be extremely grateful.
Please PM me if possible.
Thanks.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Usually the hospital provide free car parking ( They do at RD&Exeter) for radiotherapy patients. At RD&E you just have to ask to be given a ticket that covers the period of your treatment.
Worth asking.
Sorry ifthis isn't of any help.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I wish I could help out...
Sadly BRI has VERY limited parking, even the immediate vicinity has virtually nothing available.
You should be able to park in the nearby resident's parking zones, there are normally spaces as parking is limited to three hours for visitors...

Good luck with your treatment, they're a decent bunch (y)

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/parking/visitors-and-commuters

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
I wish I could help out...
Sadly BRI has VERY limited parking, even the immediate vicinity has virtually nothing available.
You should be able to park in the nearby resident's parking zones, there are normally spaces as parking is limited to three hours for visitors...

Good luck with your treatment, they're a decent bunch (y)

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/parking/visitors-and-commuters
Thank you for your best wishes. It really doesn't matter how close the car is to the hospital I could get a taxi to it in order to get back home. I will be in the unit for three weeks before being discharged .

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
When I had my heart op my wife used to park at Cabot circus multi storey, at the bottom of the m32. There is a bus that runs from the car park to the BRI every 20mins

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If you can't get anywhere else I wondered about the airport as its at least geared up for longer term parking but looks like about £80 for 3 weeks hope the treatment goes well

David

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Website called Park on my Drive might be of help.
If you're going to be an in patient for 3 weeks might it be easier to leave the car at home and train /taxi to hospital?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It might be too late to change the venue @cydersyd but I live in Sherborne and know lots of patients who use Taunton whose parking isn't bad, Poole with good parking or Exeter which is easy by train. As we know getting to Bristol from us by train is a real pain. I know sometimes there isn't a choice but just a thought. When my mum was in BRI we used to park in the centre and bus up the hill but she was an inpatient. It's going to be exhausting for you however you do it. Good luck.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
what dates are you talking about? Just a thought but the bus station is a short walk away from the BRI.I'm in weston s mare with space enough and the bus stops just around the corner.Only thing is we are away soon for 12 days on a cruise.give me a pm if its any use.
Wouldn't it be good if you had a space and lived nearer southampton :)

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thanks to everyone that responded to my request. What an amazing bond this site nurtures.
I have been offered security for my car and a lift into the hospital and another offer to be collected from home and delivered to the hospital.

What a great bunch you Funsters are my anxiety levels have been reduced by you all, even if you only offered best wishes.

Cydersyd.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks to everyone that responded to my request. What an amazing bond this site nurtures.
I have been offered security for my car and a lift into the hospital and another offer to be collected from home and delivered to the hospital.

What a great bunch you Funsters are my anxiety levels have been reduced by you all, even if you only offered best wishes.

Cydersyd.
Excellent result . Good to hear & hope all goes well.(y)

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
A follow up for those members kind enough to respond to my request.

I saw my consultant two days ago. He showed me the x rays of before and after treatment and I'm happy to tell you that the cancer has been well and truly blasted. A further scan in September is expected to show no further signs of the cancer being present.
Thanks again for your best wishes.

Cheers he.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just seen this thread - Really glad to know you've gone through it and come out the other end. (y)We are in Saltford, just outside of Bath, so not sure if we'de have been close enough to help, but if you need a parking space in the future and you think we can help, please send us a PM. We know what a nightmare the BRI is for parking!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009

I saw my consultant two days ago. He showed me the x rays of before and after treatment and I'm happy to tell you that the cancer has been well and truly blasted. A further scan in September is expected to show no further signs of the cancer being present.

Cheers he.
Fantastic news all the best.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi

Cheers he.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi , just seen this thread, what great news,wishing you the very best for the future well done. (y)Onwards and upwards from now on. :clap2:

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi , just seen this thread, what great news,wishing you the very best for the future well done. (y)Onwards and upwards from now on. :clap2:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
So glad to hear your good news. I was thinking about you recently and wondered how you'd got on.
Brilliant news and best wishes to you and your wife.

Scaniaman

Free Member
Jul 10, 2016
bristol
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
That brilliant news best wishes for the future :Grin:

Scaniaman

Free Member
Jul 10, 2016
bristol
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I wouldn't park in near by streets as there now got parking zones for residents
It would of been better if you had been referred to south mead as parking is little easier

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thank you all for your best wishes, however, having had a follow up scan, the euphoria experience back in the summer has been kicked into touch. The beastly C has now proceeded to my liver and bones and a prognosis of 9-12 months has been predicted.
Hence van for sale, Christmas cruise cancelled 18 weeks of chemotherapy on the horizon.

I will offer my vendor sale here first once I am given a price by my local dealer.

So, watch this space!

Regards to all.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thank you all for your best wishes, however, having had a follow up scan, the euphoria experience back in the summer has been kicked into touch. The beastly C has now proceeded to my liver and bones and a prognosis of 9-12 months has been predicted.
Hence van for sale, Christmas cruise cancelled 18 weeks of chemotherapy on the horizon.

I will offer my vendor sale here first once I am given a price by my local dealer.

So, watch this space!

Regards to all.

Sorry to hear that.

If its any comfort my father in law was given 12 months to live about 7 years ago and he is still with us(y)

Best of luck with your treatment and recovery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back