Dieppe area stopover advice needed (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Hi All, any suggestions please for a safe stopover after our arrival in Dieppe on ferry from Newhaven at around 10pm would be appreciated - either sites or airs. Thanks in advance :)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There is an aire just a few hundred yards from the ferry terminal. If you do a search on here for Dieppe aire you will get plenty of information

OP
OP
MuddyPuddle
Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Thanks all for your replies - does the Dieppe aire suffer from any migrant issues please?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yes a few migrants they wander through the Aire and beg at Motorhome doors & wash themselves at the Borne, generally they are not a problem. They have just jacked the price up from €7 to €12 expensive just for a night stopover plenty of nicer Aires in the area.

There is a Aire at VEULES LES ROSES and at SAINT VALERY EN CAUX and 2 at VEULETTES SUR MER.

Sorry about the caps just copied & pasted from Camping car infos. I've stayed at the last two both quite pleasant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
2 at VEULETTES SUR MER.
Only 1 the other is only a borne and often out of service

Valuettes%20sur%20mer16-L.jpg

Valuettes%20sur%20mer4-L.jpg

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm in the same situation in 4 weeks time, docking at 10:30pm. I've been researching which aires that are close by and found a new one listed on the Campingcar Info site at Auffay train station about 20 miles down the n27.
The train station has been redeveloped and they have included 6 places for motorhomes, it replaces the one in the town centre which looks a bit grotty.
Anyway i'm probably going to give it a go, as i want to be up and on the road early the next morning and if there are loads of early trains waking me up, so be it.
I will feed back my thoughts on it if i do stay.
Mike

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm in the same situation in 4 weeks time, docking at 10:30pm. I've been researching which aires that are close by and found a new one listed on the Campingcar Info site at Auffay train station about 20 miles down the n27.
The train station has been redeveloped and they have included 6 places for motorhomes, it replaces the one in the town centre which looks a bit grotty.
Anyway i'm probably going to give it a go, as i want to be up and on the road early the next morning and if there are loads of early trains waking me up, so be it.
I will feed back my thoughts on it if i do stay.
Mike

I said i would update on the above free aire. I arrived at around 1130 at night, it was easy to find as just followed the Le Gare signs. The camping car spaces are at the end of a large modern car park with lighting and cameras, however the lighting at the aire was poor and i had to get out to make sure i was lined up to reverse onto the compacted gravel, of which there was 5 or 6 places.
I was the only one there and probably it was a little too quiet, but i was ready to fall asleep, so past caring.
I heard the first train at around 0630 but i was already stirring and their trains seem quieter than ours. I expected a rush of trains, being midweek but just it didn't happen.
There is a new bourne opposite the parking place the other side of the tracks on the road heading south out of town.
I had a quick walk around the small town center which was 5 mins walk away and it had all the usual shops.
In short, there are probably better aire in the area but if wanting somewhere just for the night before or after a sailing it was fine.
Mike
2016-05-25 08.11.05.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back