Tracker system recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
hi
Can I please pick your knowledge.
Can anyone recommend an easy tracker system & cost?
Thanks
Nick

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Long length of that blue plastic twine that phone companies use .dirt cheap ..other than that I. Will leave it to the technical minded to help you out . P.s. I have a cheap magnet one £25 I got off ebay last year ,not all singing or dancing but will tell me if it had moved and where it is ..Roy

OP
OP
StitchesnFluff
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
That sounds good! The ins co (comfort) are requesting a certificate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can buy really cheap trackers. I fancied the additional aspects of being able to disable the vehicle so went the whole hog and got Broken Link Removed Real peace of mind.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I too purchased the non-starter following a conversation with Eddie of Van-Bitz fame, I also switched Insurance companies because the big boys were asking for a Category 6 or some such nonsense.

The beauty of the non-starter is not only do you get one of several warnings but you also get the whereabouts on a google map if it has been stolen or moved, you can see it traveling and you can also prevent the engine from being started in the first place.

The big advantage for me is the Non-reliance on a third party company keeping an eye on it for me and letting me know if it has moved. The problem just might be that your insurance company want exactly that.

Please phone @eddievanbitz Eddie to get his slant on it, there is no-one in the UK who knows more about Van security that's for sure. If you'd like to see it in action I'm only just out past Downton at Hale Perlieu.

Griff

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Safeguard didn't even ask me if I had a,tracker .. The one I have does send you a signal back with the link into Google maps to show where it is . Its just call a mini magnet gps /gprs tracker and is currently on ebay for £25.95 sorry don't know how to attach a link .. But if you want something foolproof then the system that @Popeye and several others have then @eddievanbitz is your man. Roy .ps I have a little hidden switch to isolate the starting system ,switch cost £1.99 time to fit 20 mins ..Roy

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I've got Eddie's system fitted ,I think it depends on how attached to your MH you are ,there are cheap eBay ones that can be scanned and jammed, I've got a cat one alarm ,cat 5 tracker and the gsm immobiliser

OP
OP
StitchesnFluff
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
A Hymer B598 PL

Thank you all for your responses

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We have a scorpion tracker. Insurance company insisted on tracker with surveillance, ie not just me. We took 5 year contract as that was cheapest option and we expect to keep the van. We also managed to get scorpion to confirm they would replace internal battery in tracker if it failed in that time. We can see via scorpion website where van is, they insist you get crime number before they will liase with police if it gets stolen. Personally I wouldn't want van back but it is a requirement of insurance to have one fitted.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
When I went to insure my new Hymer last month the insurance company insisted on a cat 6 tracker being fitted. I also went to Costa Del Devon to Vanbitz towers. Eddie fitted the tracker as well as his non starter. Had the Growler alarm fitted so I got a good 3 year deal on the tracker subscription.

Considering the price of the van the extra paid out for all the security was a no brainier for me.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Thanks for pointing that out no wonder it took me so long to get there! South of Manchester and I get a nose bleed.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I know what you mean, north of Coventry was a complete mystery to me until daughter went to Uni in Nottingham and one of our sons went to Hull!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Another vote for non-starter for me. One thing that has not been mentioned is that it is linked to the alarm, so both wife and I get a message on our mobiles if the alarm goes off. That happens even if you have not activated the non-starter. Very useful when you are away from the van.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We're having the growler and non-start, tracking system with Vanbitz, being installed next week. Did mega amounts of research on the market before decision and to to be honest, not heard a bad work about Vanbitz, all good.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You won't get a certificate with anything off ebay. You are going to have to get something professionally installed I think. It might be cheaper looking for an insurance company which don't demand an alarm, not all do. Saga for example - but I suspect you are a shade too young! :)

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
And if you are giving Eddie the business, don't forget to ask for your Funsters discount.

OP
OP
StitchesnFluff
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
You won't get a certificate with anything off ebay. You are going to have to get something professionally installed I think. It might be cheaper looking for an insurance company which don't demand an alarm, not all do. Saga for example - but I suspect you are a shade too young! :)
Thanks!

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back