Coffee machine holder/enclosure (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We have a very small coffee pod machine, which lives in the camper (Dolce Gusto mini me). Currently we pack it away before every trip, and unpack it when we arrive at our destination.

I was going to fabricate a small enclosure for the machine, so that we can leave it in situ while travelling, but before I do this, does anyone know if such an item already exists. I've seen that many new motorhomes are fitted with such an enclosure, so wondered if it is possible to buy one.

Thanks in advance.

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
We have this for our nespresso pixie that lives in the van. Does a marvellous job. They may have something for the MiniMe (our MiniMe lives at home).

Amazon product ASIN B00U7PFFAS
it is rather expensive, but the quality is good, it holds pods too, and all it takes is one little screw into the counter top, and the machine can be removed if you wish.

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All our stuff just sits on the counter top and on the cooker.. It is never put away..
We bought a roll of that non slip draw liner ( in blue ).. Lay that on top surfaces and nothing has ever moved on it !!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
All our stuff just sits on the counter top and on the cooker.. It is never put away..
We bought a roll of that non slip draw liner ( in blue ).. Lay that on top surfaces and nothing has ever moved on it !!

NOT WHILST YOUR DRIVING I HOPE :D:D:D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well of course while driving.. Would not really have been a lot of point in posting it other wise !!!

Stuff sitting on the sides all the time ( driving or otherwise include our cups, kettle, tea pot and various other bits and bobs

Now I aint Mr Slow and careful when driving yet have never managed to chuck anything off the sides at all !!

Try it.. Put a bit of that stuff down and put a teapot or something on it.. You might be surprised !!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Pal of mine died in a truck when a jack he kept in the passenger footwell hit him on the head when he swerved off road to avoid an idiot overtaking on a bend...Truck rolled and stopped dead,,,jack didn't.Anything i have in van not in a cupboard is strapped down,,,,,BUSBY.:):)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
All our stuff is in drawers or cupboards when moving, takes a minute at most to unwrap the anti rattle material and plonk kettle, teapot, mini me on the worktop.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We put stuff like that in cupboards when travelling and then they all fall out onto you when you arrive and open the cupboard door.

Standing joke in our van

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Nothing ever loose in any of our vehicles, ex trucker see. A place for everything and everything in that place.
I'm with Busby on this, I don't want anything flying around if we ever have a bump.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Try being hit by a bog that falls off a plane..
Try winning the lottery ( actually LESS chance of that than of being hit by a meteorite ! )
Try racing a motorbike
Try superstox racing and banger racing
Try being struck by lightning
Try eating mushrooms that you pick in the forest
try using saccharin instead of sugar ( Supposedly dangerous )
Try eating red meat ( Supposedly dangerous )
Try refilling gas bottle
Try ... well anything you like really !
I have done it all except number one !!

Try anything and no doubt if you are unlucky it will kill you..
I really cannot be arsed with all the safety shit.. Sorry..
Though in the case in question the stuff is gonna have to do bloody well to get to us from the back of the van.. If it can get through 12mm board before it hits us I doubt very much we will be in any condition to worry about it any way

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Nothing ever loose in any of our vehicles, ex trucker see. A place for everything and everything in that place.
I'm with Busby on this, I don't want anything flying around if we ever have a bump.
Same here,,a small dog or a child is enough weight to kill you if you hit a tree etc at speeds over 50 mph if they are not belted or in a harness....kettle or kettle would give you a good clout...BUSBY,,,

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Try being hit by a bog that falls off a plane..
Try winning the lottery ( actually LESS chance of that than of being hit by a meteorite ! )
Try racing a motorbike
Try superstox racing and banger racing
Try being struck by lightning
Try eating mushrooms that you pick in the forest
try using saccharin instead of sugar ( Supposedly dangerous )
Try eating red meat ( Supposedly dangerous )
Try refilling gas bottle
Try ... well anything you like really !
I have done it all except number one !!

Try anything and no doubt if you are unlucky it will kill you..
I really cannot be arsed with all the safety shit.. Sorry..
Though in the case in question the stuff is gonna have to do bloody well to get to us from the back of the van.. If it can get through 12mm board before it hits us I doubt very much we will be in any condition to worry about it any way
Bet you wore helmet on motorbike or seat belt in a car etc,,,,its no big deal to make everything secure in a vehicle,..I was doing that years ago before H and S were ever talked about,,,,its just common sense,,,BUSBY.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You have been hit by lightning @Jaws ?

What was it like?

Bit of an ambition of mine that one:D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup..
Working up a transmitter mast.. Would not normally go up if it looked even vaguely like stormy weather, but it was a summers day.. Was about 125 feet up and it suddenly got real dark.. Storm came in so fast.. I was about 3 feet from the lightning conductor .. It got struck and I copped for a fair share of the fall out
All I really remember about it was it bloody hurt !
Rubber boots and luck got me through.. Though within about 2 years I had lost most of my hair ( as can be witnessed ! ) No idea if the two incidents were related but who knows !

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Yup..
Working up a transmitter mast.. Would not normally go up if it looked even vaguely like stormy weather, but it was a summers day.. Was about 125 feet up and it suddenly got real dark.. Storm came in so fast.. I was about 3 feet from the lightning conductor .. It got struck and I copped for a fair share of the fall out
All I really remember about it was it bloody hurt !
Rubber boots and luck got me through.. Though within about 2 years I had lost most of my hair ( as can be witnessed ! ) No idea if the two incidents were related but who knows !

Sounds good fun,,,BUSBY:):):)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Carthargo have a very neat solution..cant get picture to load. Have a look at their brochure on line...

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Of course you have to leave your kettle and coffee machine out, how else are you supposed to make a cuppa whilst on the move, jeez you beginners have a lot to learn! :imoutahere:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Clicked funny but really a thanks would have been more appropriate .. Amazingly it has been known to be done in our van ( twas in the Hobby.. )

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Clicked funny but really a thanks would have been more appropriate .. Amazingly it has been known to be done in our van ( twas in the Hobby.. )
Weeeeell, funny you should say that, the odd sandwich and refreshing beverage has been prepared in our van too. Long straight almost empty roads in France and Spain or a traffic jam on the M6.

I believe there is a tale/myth of a certain Funster taking a shower while on the move too! @haganap @pinkgin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... Though within about 2 years I had lost most of my hair ( as can be witnessed ! ) No idea if the two incidents were related but who knows !
Electrolysis ... the removal of hair roots or small blemishes on the skin by the application of heat using an electric current.:D

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Carthargo have a very neat solution..cant get picture to load. Have a look at their brochure on line...
I think that was what I have seen, a slide out enclosure (if we're looking at the same thing!) That's what I was going to try to replicate.

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Hymer do similar , you would need to be good at cabinet work to make something similar.
If I can find the bits, then I could make it, but it would take time. I'm a strong believer in not reinventing the wheel. If someone else has done it, I won't bother :D

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
upload_2016-4-24_22-18-46.png
upload_2016-4-24_22-19-15.png