Switches, Switches Everywhere (1 Viewer)

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hello Peeps
Calling all Autotrail Cheyenne 840D owners and probably other models as well.
I have found a switch, yes that’s right another one “I think they are breeding” it’s in the lounge area on the OS nearest to the drivers seat just by the LED reading light. It is the same type of rocker switch as the LED light. I was wondering if anyone knew what it was, it does not seem to do anything and does not affect the amp’s draw when switched either way. It might have been fitted after it was bought but I don’t know. Picture below, sorry about the quality.
Any Idea’s welcomed, I’m offering a prize of TWO yes TWO smiley faces to the person who correctly identifies what this switch does. No employee or relation of Brakers enterprises is allowed to enter.
Many Thanks Tony
PTY_00581.jpg

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It`ll be the ejector seat activation solenoid relay switch
Hmmmm, not sure about that, if it's not it will be the wife's gob shutting switch to stop you getting earache on long journeys (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I have a switch like that on my 2010 AutoTrail Savannah and it operates the LED's on the riser to the step where the floor level changes between the lounge/kitchen and the back area which on ours is the shower, toilet and bedroom.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I have a switch like that on my 2010 AutoTrail Savannah and it operates the LED's on the riser to the step where the floor level changes between the lounge/kitchen and the back area which on ours is the shower, toilet and bedroom.
Hi Abacist Thanks for that I'll do some checking tomorrow and see if that is what mine is opperating.
Many Thanks Tony

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We had one on our Tracker which had a strip of LEDs under the bathroom door never used it much.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have an AT Tracker with lights which only operate on mains with a switch in a similar location. But it also has spots and tubes in addition to those.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We have a double switch in the same place in our Savannah one of which operates the step riser led (as Abacist says) and the other an led strip light above the overcab bed area (ours is a hi-line whereas yours looks to be a lo-line so wouldn't have that unless there is a light fitted in the overcab cupboard space?).

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Go into it in the really dark time and turn it and it alone on. All should be revealed, it might just be a hole filled in with a blank switch to cover the cockup.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Had a quick look in a Cheyenne at Webbs this afternoon, there was a switch in the same place as you describe, so it seems it may be standard and presumably mentioned in the AT documentation?

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
There are 2 located there on out A/T Tracker. One does the top roof light and the other does the light at the bottom of the washroom door, so that you can see to find the loo in the middle of the night. I sleep on the right, so turn it on for Jen when she gets up in the night (if I wake up).
Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back