Free Member
Apr 23, 2016
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruiser
Exp
4 yrs
Hi everyone, just joined MotorhomeFun after searching the net for info on our end of season hols & was hoping some of you could help. I'm a bit of a sissy really in that although we travel about quite a bit I have no head for heights ( get dizzy on a high kerb ) & when I come across a high bridge I turn into a jelly (the millau viaduct 2 yrs ago left me shaking for a couple of days, lol). Were heading for Argeles sur Mare in Sept for a couple of weeks & then onto Benidorm via Barcelona. We are fine to A s M as we have done it before but from there on is virgin territory for us & was wondering what nasties we might encounter with regard high bridges on the way. Any info would be greatly valued. Also I see the Spanish motorways are tolls so any info on likely charges would be a great help as well.
Many thanks....Ray.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Can't help as I am really geographically challenged, however some will be along soon, in the meantime
welcome animated smiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello and welcome

I have no idea on tolls, have done it a few times on way to F1 at Barcelona, didn't even check the prices sorry

But cant recall a single bridge or anything scary at least that far down (y)

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Not all motorways are toll roads google will help you find routes or Michelin route finder.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
The tolls in Spain are very cheap worth paying usually very quiet.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Log on to Google Earth and you can drive all the routes between places in glorious detail and see exactly what you are likely to meet and whether you'll be OK with it. You can check out overnighting places as well on your way. It's so good you could stay at home and do it all on the computer and save a fortune....

If you've never used Google Earth before then you'll be surprised. It's even better than having a dashcam video of the roads.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
From A s M take the D618 inland until you come to the D900. Turn left on the D900 (it will be signposted to Spain). This is the old National road and is shadowed by the newer toll road, the A9. the D900 winds it way uphill to the border town of Le Perthus and the D900 becomes the N11 ( I am never sure if this is designated as N11 orNII). This goes south following the toll road to La Jonquera. (Watch out for the flower sellers)
The NII then shadows the toll most of the way south to Barcelona except where it has been upgraded and becomes, in different areas, the A2 and C35
Can't remember any high bridges on this route
Capture.JPG

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
welcome_y-b9159cad68a22aadf2af024fb54f8ec4.jpg

A bit off topic but if you don't like heights you may want to avoid the coast road in Croatia! Stunning scenery but sheer drops :eek: I didn't know until that point that Brian doesn't do heights.

The inland motorway ?A1? seems to be suspended in mid-air in many places so that was also challenging, especially as we had the bura to contend with. This is a very strong wind that constantly threatened to lift us off the road. I was rigid with fear and Brian was white-knuckled.

We won't be returning to Croatia :LOL:

Karen

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
the toll roads in spain are cheap enough,and you can take the ap7 straight from the border to benidorm if you want,nearer to benidorm you will be on high roads (off motorways)so around calpe maybe you are best on the motorways.I know the roads there very well but im normally also in a rush to get back to beni,so stick to the tolls get there asap and enjoy,but remember by going tolls you will miss the lovely white chair girls so luved by most on here lol

OP
OP
R

roving ray

Free Member
Apr 23, 2016
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruiser
Exp
4 yrs
Hello and welcome

I have no idea on tolls, have done it a few times on way to F1 at Barcelona, didn't even check the prices sorry

But cant recall a single bridge or anything scary at least that far down (y)
Thanks for that David...big relief.(y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Also have a real problem with heights, however I found hypnotherapy really helped. Might be worth a try.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back