single gas burner (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Has anyone used a single gas burner to cook with a wok/ skillet etc ?
Something with a bit of power, to be used outside using vans gas supply.
Any advice/recommendations welcome.
(y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I use a Foker single gas burner when using a wok outdoors..

..it's made of cast iron... 2.5 kw.. you won't buy better.. but it's a bit heavy for travelling ?

http://www.foker.com/foker_ing/fornelloni.html

03010.jpg

OP
OP
Barney23
Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks,
Does it throw a decent amount of heat out .
Neil (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
3.8kw:

16kw!!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A cheaper option is a 'suitcase stove' which costs under £10 from B&M and runs of cartridges (£4 for 4) and has an output of 2.3kw.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks for replies (y)
Anyone know what kw a Cadac throws out ?
According to the pdf files the the LP one is 2.68kw max (this is the one that works from a separate cylinder; the HP one is 2.37kw and uses the screw in cartridges).

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A cheaper option is a 'suitcase stove' which costs under £10 from B&M and runs of cartridges (£4 for 4) and has an output of 2.3kw.

I have two that I use outside .. great little stoves..

However.. I would caution against using one with a wok or frying pan that is bigger than the burner pan support.. (the black part) and overlaps the gas storage compartment.

there was a report / warning about that .. the heat deflected downwards can overheat the gas cartridge resulting in an explosion..

someone also reported that due to safety concerns the have been banned in Australia ...

although I use them have never been totally happy about the gas can being so close to the heat and ignition source

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Time waits for no man.. I have a single ring bitumen/Tar boiler,so yesterday stated to hunt for it,to get the name and power output,found it and wrote down.
Bullfinch 1380B Propane 37mb butane 28mb. Heat input 2.1 kw 152 gm Outdoor use only. Ready to post on here.
Just Googled Bullfinch......... You can buy......Foker units DOH.
Well,i have a good idea of where everything is in the garage again,so the time was not lost,i must say,the Foker kit looks a bit more twentieth century than my old burner,but cooked many a b/fast-dinner on it while away. Happy days.
Tea Bag

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
CADAC junior ( the smaller one )
Got it fitted with a Bullfinch quarter turn connector via a hose that plugs straight into the vans gas supply.
VERY Good.
Mitch.
PS. It folds small and comes with a Wok and griddle plates and all sorts in its own carry bag.

OP
OP
Barney23
Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Got it fitted with a Bullfinch quarter turn connector via a hose that plugs straight into the vans gas supply.
VERY Good.
Mitch.
PS. It folds small and comes with a Wok and griddle plates and all sorts in its own carry bag.

Thanks for reply, is the Cadac Junior known as anything else, can't find any info for that name.
(y)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
How about this one all the other chap ones say in a pressed steel frame this looks like cast

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
VERY Good.
Mitch.
Are you talking about the Cadac Safari Chef? The only smaller one (in height) that I've ever seen is the Cadac Travel Chef which I think works on canisters only.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Are you talking about the Cadac Safari Chef? The only smaller one (in height) that I've ever seen is the Cadac Travel Chef which I think works on canisters only.

Got rid of my Cadac, good riddance :cool:

£20 cast iron gas ring running off the BBQ point, 5Kw so will do 10 people or just 1
bought a big-ish Paella pan and and a cheap ikea wok, perfect
Paella pan is non-stick so XL breakfasts are viable :D

Washing up is a breeze
washing a cadac, nightmare:(

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Got rid of my Cadac, good riddance :cool:

£20 cast iron gas ring running off the BBQ point, 5Kw so will do 10 people or just 1
bought a big-ish Paella pan and and a cheap ikea wok, perfect
Paella pan is non-stick so XL breakfasts are viable :D

Washing up is a breeze
washing a cadac, nightmare:(

Likewise.. also binned my Cadac ..

and long after the Cadac is forgotten about the Focker or any other cast iron burner will still be giving sterling service.. (y)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Likewise.. binned my Cadac ..

and long after the Cadac is forgotten about the Focker or any other cast iron burner will still be giving sterling service.. (y)

yep(y)

'put you hands up and move away from the Cadac'

LOL

or as Churchill might have said... 'Never in the history of human conflict, has so much junk been sold to so many people';)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I use a Foker single gas burner when using a wok outdoors..

..it's made of cast iron... 2.5 kw.. you won't buy better.. but it's a bit heavy for travelling ?

http://www.foker.com/foker_ing/fornelloni.html

03010.jpg

I use the double Foker stoves at Cub camps, they are built to last.
If you use a blowlamp regulator you can increase the gas pressure getting more heat out of them.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I used to pimp my Fokker on water/methanol
Every little helps(y)

Water injection has been used in both reciprocating and turbine aircraft engines. When used in a turbine engine, the effects are similar, except that normally preventing detonation is not the primary goal. Water is normally injected either at the compressor inlet or in the diffuser just before the combustion chambers. Adding water increases the mass being accelerated out of the engine, increasing thrust, but it also serves to cool the turbines. Since temperature is normally the limiting factor in turbine engine performance at low altitudes, the cooling effect allows the engine to be run at higher RPM with more fuel injected and more thrust created without overheating.[3] The drawback of the system is that injecting water quenches the flame in the combustion chambers somewhat, as there is no way to cool the engine parts without coincidentally cooling the flame. This leads to unburned fuel out the exhaust and a characteristic trail of black smoke.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back