LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=32919

Thoughts..

It's dirt cheap.. it's inverter technology, has eco mode etc.. ticks all the boxes.. except..

there is no information on it's noise level..

My view..
Petrol generators are yesterdays technology.. solar is the way forward .. but if you need an emergency backup.. could be the answer..

If it were 'mission critical' .. I would buy a Honda

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Just did a search to find the specs, and couldn't find any. However I did find a chap who wrote a review about one. He states the noise output is 96db, or roughly the same as a garden shredder. That is quite loud for a generator, our Hyundai is 70db, Honda are even quieter.
Review here Broken Link Removed

For emergency use though it sounds ideal :D

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Looks good value for the money,Parkside is a very good product, we have many electrical equipment made by this company and have gave us exceptional service and still going strong after many years, so again yes a very good buy.
We have a kipper and works well , used when we have power cuts and used when we are out camping in the nature, so my advice to you if you think it suits your needs then go ahead and purchase, regards Alf.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
However I did find a chap who wrote a review about one. He states the noise output is 96db, or roughly the same as a garden shredder. That is quite loud for a generator, our Hyundai is 70db, Honda are even quieter.
Review here Broken Link Removed

That's the 2.8kw model.. more suited to a building site ..

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Before spending any money on extra power supplies, I would do a proper review of what you actually need to power, how you can reduce your current power drain - E.g LED lights and how and when you run out of power. Many people have said in the past that their extra supply from solar etc. is "essential" - maybe for them but survive very well with one 90Ah leisure battery - but we dont tend to stay in once place for more than 4 days and have low power demands.

Also consider the space and payload that you have spare for carrying a generator and whether you'll be staying in places where the noise they pump out will be tolerated.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It should be remembered that noise db figures are NOT linear.
Ie 90db is not twice as loud as 45db, and likewise 30db is not half as loud as 60db.

It works similar to Centigrade and Fahrenheit conversions the higher it gets the less sense it makes
You would need a noise table to compare like for like in % terms.

As a pure fantasy example a 90db Cheapo Generator may only be 10% noisier than a 57db Honda.

BUT you cant beat ear ole noise perception:D if you think its 3 times as loud, then as far as your concerned it IS 3 TIMES LOUDER
As a Motor sport Scrutineer noise control was one of my remits, and it is really strange how noise pitch,
plays the greater part of noise annoyance and not the db level
A beautifully sounding (to most) V8 will measure say 120db compared to the ear splitting 100db Motorbike powered car:eek:
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes I have,
I blame the Sauna and Sun bed though, I think we could possibly economise a little
A humorous attempt at saying every one is different and there is no right or wrong
and never will be in have what you want and or need.
Because I can is good enough reason

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If your not mechanically minded you have to pay to have solar, b2b , etc fitted and when you sell the van it all stays with the van and you get no extra money for this. With a generator you can pick it up and put it in the next van you buy. We are all different, it's what suits you.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
dident have a genorator but did buy a 2" water pump frome them when i had my drilling company i had a honda pump and a lidil pump the lidal pump still works and runs the honda long dead
bill

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
dba is a logarithmic scale each 6db increase is double the volume, 72db generator will be 4 times as loud as a 60db one.
You Should have googled "Fantasy" Too
ie non factual, made up, not of any accuracy, not worthy of correction

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back