Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
As I'm a beginner could I have some advice on what to do with the Fiamma Security Door lock when travelling.

Should it be locked over the habitation door when travelling or locked back against the motorhome?
Thank you.
Mimi

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
As long as you have an alternative escape door I would lock it across the door especially near calais

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
We always lock ours in the open position as need to rely on the hab door.
When travelling that is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
As I'm a beginner could I have some advice on what to do with the Fiamma Security Door lock when travelling.

Should it be locked over the habitation door when travelling or locked back against the motorhome?
Thank you.
Mimi
best advice is dont leave it sticking out when driving off the site as i have seen on vans a couple of times. personally we leave ours folded back to allow us to exit through the hab door if we want or need to. plus i would not recommend locking it across the door either, as it allows no extra security because one hard pull and it will rip through the doorframe and wall leaving serious damage

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
best advice is dont leave it sticking out when driving off the site as i have seen on vans a couple of times. personally we leave ours folded back to allow us to exit through the hab door if we want or need to. plus i would not recommend locking it across the door either, as it allows no extra security because one hard pull and it will rip through the doorframe and wall leaving serious damage
Ha! I've nearly done that a few times! It's a great help to get in and out of van for me so we use a lot. One being fitted on new van.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In the "open" position when travelling.

Mrs Maison requires the handle to enter and exit the m/h as a result of having two knee replacements.

She has great difficulty entering and exiting via the cab as the step is too high. We have a folding step which she can use from the cab but it draws attention to her disability. So she prefers to use the habitation door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mimi

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you all for your replies great appreciated.
Regards
Mimi

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Locked in "open" position to enable egress if in accident, etc.:eek:
All doors set to auto lock when speed exceeds 5 mph for security.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back