How does this waste system work? (1973 ) (1 Viewer)

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
Got all my water working, now need to suss out how this waste system works. It seems to have a Thetford Slide Valve, and everything (sink water to toilet waste) comes out of this pipe. Can someone please explain how this is supposed to work? Am I missing something? There doesn't seem to be any kind of waste tank, only this outlet.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Got all my water working, now need to suss out how this waste system works. It seems to have a Thetford Slide Valve, and everything (sink water to toilet waste) comes out of this pipe. Can someone please explain how this is supposed to work? Am I missing something? There doesn't seem to be any kind of waste tank, only this outlet.
Hi,There should be 2 tanks somwhere.One from the toilet(Black) and one from the sink,shower(Grey) What happens when you tip water down the sink, have a look,listen,where it goes.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi BB their should be a tank, just had a look on winnies site, don't know what year you have but a 1983 one had at least a 12 gallon tank for both grey and black.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
Ok, just had another look underneath, and there is 1 tank, dirctly under the loo. The way it seems to work is this:
The loo waste goes into the tank, and can't go any further until you open the Thetford slide valve.
The sink/shower waste heads to the same outlet, but byepasses the Thetford valve.
I reckon you would place a waste tank under the outlet for the water waste, which would freely drain into it at all times, and then when you want to drain the toilet waste tank, you unscrew the small bore outlet cap, then open the Thetford valve, and stand well back!

Can anyone confirm this? :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back