Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
We would like to fully introduce ourselves to all of the members, i am delighted to announce that 2Gether Insurance and MotorhomeFun have struck up a working relationship, I am sure many of you have had or do have policies with 2Gether but our aim is now to increase the amount of members that we can save £££ on your cover.

We have a dedicated club team that only deal with club members, this ensures that you are getting the best rates and attention. The phone number for the dedicated team is in the title 01945 586220, this bypasses our auto attendant so no pressing options to get through.some of the benefits are:

• Dedicated Club line
• 25% member Discount
• Agreed Value
• Limited Mileage Discounts
• Salvage retention
• Low excess' (or nil xs if you purchase our excess Insurance)

Give us a call and find out for yourselves, lovely meeting you all and we are here to answer any questions or queries

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thank you for purchasing the advertisement. I hope you'll be able to save Funsters some money.

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Jim i am delighted myself and all the 2Gether team are now Funsters, our aim is to make everybody happy and save them loads of money and also give them A* service!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Some more details would be useful.
Does your policy include full European cover is so for how long?
Does it include breakdown cover and for what size vehicle?
Is the policy net or NCD?
Is it a proper Motorhome policy or just a modified car one?

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Lenny,

• Our policies all offer European cover of 90 days as standard, this may be extended to 120 days upon request.
  • 2Gether have our own motor breakdown company with over 200, 000 members, we therefore can offer breakdown cover for anything, anybody and anywhere
  • Some of our policies are flat rated ( Non NCD reliant) and other's can and do make use of the no claims discount, we are flexible.
  • 2Gether's policies cater for Coachbuilt and D.I.Y conversions, we have no issues with either form and all of our rates are market leading
We are really keen to speak with you all and our dedicated club team are awaiting your calls :)

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
@Lenny HB are they just not brokers?
Hi David,

We are brokers for Insurance but our own provider of breakdown Insurance, whilst we are a broker we have bespoke schemes that are exclusive to ourselves therefore offering the best of market rates, we manage your policies in full, we do not just introduce them. In fact most Providers in the UK are Brokers and not direct Insurers, many direct Insurers only are covering standard risks.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Which underwriters do you work with?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to Fun. I have 3 vehicles in my name including the motorhome with the same company through the same broker, is this something you can provide?

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Do you cover American RVs

We have never had a high demand for American RV's but with that said we are in the process of looking in to it, by all means i could take your details, your vehicle information etc and get one of my club team guys to have a look for you.

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to Fun. I have 3 vehicles in my name including the motorhome with the same company through the same broker, is this something you can provide?

Yes we can, by all means if you want me to set up for one of my guys to give you a call at a time and date that suits you to look at prices and schemes let me know.

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've just noticed you're in Wisbech, do I get cheaper cover as I'm nearer? :)

All Funsters get treated the same, you're all going to get top quality offers and special club discounts no matter if you are from Wisbech, London, Wales or Button Moon!!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Do you offer a new replacement vehicle for Motorhomes up to 2 years old ?
And unlimited widescreen cover?

Reactions: f6c
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We are with Major A* rated insurers such as Liverpool & Victoria, KGM @ Lloyds, Chaucer, Aviva and Ageas

I don't rate at least one of those as A* More like D- at best.

In the event of a claim where no third party is involved, i.e. damage or theft of keys, Who takes the initial call and who would I deal with throughout the claim? Yourselves or the underwriters?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!

I rather think you'll find that Insurers - and most customers - are more interested in their Standard & Poors etc ratings than their NickNic rating!

There isn't a single insurer in the world that a customer hasn't had a problem with, Nick. Their staff tend to be humans however - and therein many of the problems lie! We had one HELL of a problem some years back with an NU motorbike claim - a lot of which because the claims were dealt with in Dublin and the handler must have had the IQ of a flea. Doesn't stop us knowing that NU - and now Aviva - are a blooming good company! Oh also the RSA (for whom I worked for decades and pay one of my several occupational pensions LOL) claims dept didn't understand why a caravan repairer couldn't replace the glass in a Moho passenger door, when they could replace the WHOLE habitation door and frame - the claims inspector could though. You just have to Deeply Sigh, laugh and explain AGAIN in words of not more than one syllable.

And if all else fails - the Insurance Ombudsman!

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Do you offer a new replacement vehicle for Motorhomes up to 2 years old ?
And unlimited widescreen cover?
Robert,

We certainly do offer unlimited Windscreen cover however new vehicle replacement typically not, most customer purchase GAP cover when they purchase a new car or Motorhome hence negating the need for this. We do offer agreed Value on classic Campers and Motorhomes however

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie

In the event of a claim where no third party is involved, i.e. damage or theft of keys, Who takes the initial call and who would I deal with throughout the claim? Yourselves or the underwriters?
Hi Nick,

All of our schemes are dedicated and the feedback that we obtain from our customers post claim is very positive, in event of a claim you would deal with our accident management team, there may be some form of liaison with the Insurer directly however this is typically minimal, 2Gether are involved throughout the whole process for you.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I rather think you'll find that Insurers - and most customers - are more interested in their Standard & Poors etc ratings than their NickNic rating!

I'm sure they are. All I can, and will, do is vote with my wallet and if the disinterested broker wants to know why I don't even want a quote from them next year explain why.

Funny you should mention Aviva in the other bit of your post. They're the one that I won't ever have a policy underwritten by again.

They didn't do anything wrong as such, just forced me to deal with a succession of untrained, incompetent call centre staff who didn't have the first clue even what a motorhome is, never mind how to go about processing a claim on one.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi Nick,

All of our schemes are dedicated and the feedback that we obtain from our customers post claim is very positive, in event of a claim you would deal with our accident management team, there may be some form of liaison with the Insurer directly however this is typically minimal, 2Gether are involved throughout the whole process for you.

That's a good start. Probably be speaking to you later in the year then.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert,

We certainly do offer unlimited Windscreen cover however new vehicle replacement typically not, most customer purchase GAP cover when they purchase a new car or Motorhome hence negating the need for this.
Hmmmm
NFU offer new replacement vehicle for Motorhomes upto 2 years old - why would I want to pay extra for gap insurance to cover the bit that your insurance cover doesn't insure?
No thanks - I'm out

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
How about MH built in 1990. Do you cover this age of vehicle?

OP
OP
Joe Woods

Joe Woods

Trader-Insurance
Apr 20, 2016
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hmmmm
NFU offer new replacement vehicle for Motorhomes upto 2 years old - why would I want to pay extra for gap insurance to cover the bit that your insurance cover doesn't insure?
No thanks - I'm out

Entirely Your prerogative, we haven’t negotiated this with our underwriters as there has not been a demand for this, 95% of the Motorhomes and Campervans we Insure are over 2 years old also.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Robert,

most customer purchase GAP cover when they purchase a new car or Motorhome hence negating the need for this.
I've yet to meet anyone who has brought Gap insurance, I know plenty of people who buy new cars & Motorhomes including myself.
I wouldn't even consider a policy that doesn't offer new for old for the first 2 years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back