help water pump for a Hymer Tramp 1989 (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi and welcome to the FUN
we need to know what you already have before we can advise bigger or better
and what you need it to do:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
K

kerysmaddi

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
padiham lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
1st year
I really don't know what we have at the moment its' a submersible 12v but you really couldn't shower with it as it just trickles?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I am not absolutely sure in the case of your Tramp, but most Hymers have one of these submersible pumps.

>>Link Removedh<<

They are twin-barrelled and made by Reich (so you don't have to have the Hymer-branded version). The maximum water throughput is 19 litres per minute (that's enough to empty a Truma C type heater in less than 2 minutes, so you should not have any problems with shower pressure - we don't.

Assuming what you have is one of these, then read on: otherwise ignore the rest.

What tends to happen is that they lose power when they are failing, or you have a leak / air-lock in the system. By leak, I don't mean water swilling about, but the pump depends upon feed and return pipes. As the pumping pressure is constant, when a tap is only opened slightly, water is fed at full pressure, then the unwanted supply is returned to the tank via the return pipe. if you have poor connections in the system, this can have the effect of reducing the pump's pressure. Another possible cause of trouble is the non-return valve on the top of the pump. If this fails, then it allows water to fall back through the pump rather than being sent up the pipe.

As you can see, the Reich pumps are not that expensive and I would suggest you try replacing it before changing to a different pump.

Philip

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

Hymers are fitted with a tandem submersible pump and are only obtainable from Hymer UK, but first pull the pump from the tank and check that it's not blocked and there are no kinks in the discharge pipe..

If faulty you could replace as Pappa suggested .. but it will be cheaper to replace like for like.

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

Hymers are fitted with a tandem submersible pump and are only obtainable from Hymer UK, but first pull the pump from the tank and check that it's not blocked and there are no kinks in the discharge pipe..

If faulty you could replace as Pappa suggested .. but it will be cheaper to replace like for like.

Jim

Reich is cheaper by about £25 but every part of the Fiamma aqua 8 is replaceable/repairable.....looks like thats not the case with the reich pump....throwaway item only:Sad:
and it does away with the rediculious, ancient, trouble causing microswitch's

REICH SUBMERSIBLE PUMP WITH N/R VALVE
(26790)
Link Removed
£45.91

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Reich twin-barrelled pump with non-return valve listed at £28.51 by Marcle Leisure.
Even Movera (Hymer parts division) charge only €39.95 for the Hymer branded version (plus postage from Germany I guess).

Philip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back