Knackered...... (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
washed the van yesterday then had to relax on recliner sofa for the next 6hrs....
My arms where knackered and even had to take some pain killers..!

This morning I just done the front with some collinite and that's me done for today, might do bit by bit on the rest in the week. I hope this collinite is as good as they say as my arms won't want to do that more than twice a year, I'm hoping that just a rinse will suffice till the next wash and polish.

Has anyone tried one of these hand wash gangs for doing your motorhome and how much did they charge for a big Aclass...?

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
That one on the corner of Sandy Lane and Mt Ambrose charges the SIL £15 to valet his station wagon.
More than likely be the price for :rolleyes:a 5th mortgage for an A class wash & polish

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Has anyone tried one of these hand wash gangs for doing your motorhome and how much did they charge for a big Aclass...?

If you do go that route then watch what they do with the pressure washer. They won't be as careful as you are where they direct it and you'll end up with a fridge full of water, various decals hanging off and any dicey sealant blasted away letting water into the body.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Also beware, they don't wash from top to bottom ,using clean sponge etc, when they do my car any dirt or grit from lower sides of doors seems to get on the sponge ( not washed off sponge) & then in the next swift movement its back up to the top & so on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I wash our van in three sessions, one each day

Roof - off a ladder with a big soft extendible brush
Wheels - cos they're so grimy
Body - with a big soft brush

All the stretching does my back in, but it's worth the effort seeing the van looking nice

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Not sure Garry if I should have not marked it funny .but couldn't see any other option suitable..Roy

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Why don't you get the wife to do it(y)

She's in Swindon and I'm here in Cornwall but she's moving down next month and I needed to show her the standard of a clean motorhome that is required ...;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back