Damp Meter Where do you test (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Thinking of doing my own habitation check against the list that i have downloaded from the link below, but I have been wondering just where i should actually test with a damp meter are there specific points or is it just random points.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Braunston

Link to a down loadable Habitation check list

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

I would test under window frames, around roof lights, door frame(s).. and body panel joints .. in corner cupboards and under the bathroom and kitchen sinks, floor and roof lockers.. and in the luton area if you have one.

jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
around all the windows, both side and roof.

around the door.

all wall to floor joints.

all wall to ceiling joints.

inside all outside lockers, especially around locker doors.

check in as many places as its possible to get to, it may be damp in one window corner but not another on the same window/door/joint.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
check in as many places as its possible to get to, it may be damp in one window corner but not another on the same window/door/joint.

Agree with pappa don't think you can test in too many points better to over kill than miss something.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

little jack

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
Funster No
Agree with pappa don't think you can test in too many points better to over kill than miss something.

Dave:thumb::thumb:
When I sold my last caravan they damp tested, along withall the other places mentioned, all round all the windows right down behind the rubber seals.

little jack

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Don't forget to calibrate your meter on some dry material, test all areas suggested above if the meter indicates higher than normal reading test that area in several places to determine the source the meter will increase to a max point where the probable source is. Remember these reading are only relative and do not indicate the amount of moisture just that there is a conductance between the two probes.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back