Need some sort of extension / privacy room? (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi
After our first trip to France these last two weeks (had a fab timecant wait to do it again) we did have a 5 berth tent - Sioux from the Range store with us, helpful as it was to store items if it rains / or in the way etc or sit in its porch we wondered if anyone could advise us of any that is like a sunroom style so that you can leave the habitation door open and walk straight into the extension that would fit a pre 2006 Ducato conversion van with sidewalls etc ....

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you have a roll out awning, either Fiamma or Omnistor, then waht you need is a Safari room.

We have an Omnistor Safari residence which is designed for the Omnistor awnng and is extremely durable and capable of weathering all types of conditions.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we just bought one of these.

Link Removed

once it was erected it was well worth the effort:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Three years ago, after a recommendation from friends and seeing how easy it was for them to erect theirs, we bought a Khyam Motordome. Because of the height of our van we bought the Excelsior model.

See Link Removed. They have a range from different suppliers, including the Movelite which John mentioned.

Graham

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Also have a Movlite XL ..

For a snug fit you need to fit an awning rail .. it is supplied with over roof straps but I found them unsatisfactory..

Great awning and will fit the vast majority of vans..

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you for the replies and suggestions of what we need, not knowing stuff about fittings can the awning rail be fitted to a Ducato white van that has been converted?

As we are hoping to use this in the Alps snow and ice for 2 or more weeks would these rooms be ok to use in those conditions, just wondering how difficult the pegs etc are to get out or would the ropes/ material freeze etc

thanks again

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

But you won't be allowed to post the comments you made *during* the erection.

Two sailors ran off blushing and a nun put in a personal call to the Pope to protect her soul from eternal damnation.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thank you for the replies and suggestions of what we need, not knowing stuff about fittings can the awning rail be fitted to a Ducato white van that has been converted?

As we are hoping to use this in the Alps snow and ice for 2 or more weeks would these rooms be ok to use in those conditions, just wondering how difficult the pegs etc are to get out or would the ropes/ material freeze etc

thanks again

The Movelite XL shouldn't be a problem on a converted van.. you would need 3.5 mt of rail , so see if there is space to fit it above the sliding door.. failing that the over roof straps can be used..

For hard ground I would suggest buying rock pegs or just ordinary 6" nails and use a 2lb club hammer.. if you can't extract them no big deal, you can also buy pegs that are screwed in using a battery drill..

Failing that... a masonry drill and plastic plugs .. (I was going to add a joke and a laughing face but the smiley police are on the prowl.. )

jim

Last edited:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

Link Removed

And how many people did it take to erect it at Wrenbury???? The last I heard you were never going to erect it again!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But you won't be allowed to post the comments you made *during* the erection.

Two sailors ran off blushing and a nun put in a personal call to the Pope to protect her soul from eternal damnation.

Well said Brian - I've never heard such language in my life!! :Blush::Blush:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
As said already, Khyam Motordome Excelsior. Had mine for a year now and no problems at all. It has been up in all weathers, a bit expensive but they have a good resale value. You can also buy an inner tent if you need extra sleeping space.

Andy

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
ø¤º”Great”º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º and

º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤ºTHANKSº for the explanation, now have an idea at least what to look for now

<(*_*)> sorry couldnt resist ...honest these are not smilies ... ;0)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Have a punt round our website, dont buy it on there if you see anything you fancy, order on the phone and mention FUN to get your discount.

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Last edited:
OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
The Movelite XL shouldn't be a problem on a converted van.. you would need 3.5 mt of rail , so see if there is space to fit it above the sliding door.. failing that the over roof straps can be used..

For hard ground I would suggest buying rock pegs or just ordinary 6" nails and use a 2lb club hammer.. if you can't extract them no big deal, you can also buy pegs that are screwed in using a battery drill..

Failing that... a masonry drill and plastic plugs .. (I was going to add a joke and a laughing face but the smiley police are on the prowl.. )

jim

This is what we had in the end Royal Traveller 3

We did find a camping store (eventually) nr Swansea which had the The Movelite XL on display (thank you John Cross M/h for your kind offer of help but just a tad too far at mo)

It is a superb bit of kit and one we would have bought , but whilst still working out how we would fix it to our van someone offered us their drive-away awning as it was too big and heavy for them to carry in their vehicle which is smaller than ours

We have now received the awning last week and is complete and like new

Lucky or what!! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Thanks again for everyone's help which one to choose.

champers

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hey that looks the dogs wotsits Kath, talking of which you now have someplace for the dogs at the show.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

It most certainly wasn't to those parked near to you - I'm an Olde Farte but I still learned some new words. 'er indoors has been on medication ever since.

What happened to "I'm just going to cut all these strings and leave it here" ?

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hey that looks the dogs wotsits Kath, talking of which you now have someplace for the dogs at the show.

My 3 lovelies would keep everyone together at the rally that's for sure :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back