Getting the lurgy whilst on the road (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Think I contracted some nasty virulent flu bug in the Marseille public transport system. Been out of action for 5 days now :( managed to get to 30 miles south of Turin. Took a lovely side route through the maritime Alps which was quiet beautiful but twisty, and demonstrated why the French can export their leccy to other countries (lots of Mini and medium HEP stations) and lots of water!!!
The only silver lining is I stumbled upon a free quiet free aire with free electricity, so have been esconsed here with the other longer term Italians. Mrs CC has been to the eurostretcher for supplies and the huge mega camping accessories shop for a table and is now threatening to go to some further nearbyretail outlets, so better get well soono_O. I counted 10 different table legs for various vans and every bolt and fixture you may possibly need in that accessories shop....heaven!. Any tips on getting rid of the flu gratefully received :sick:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
plenty of vitamin c and paracetamol to reduce fever/aches

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Think I contracted some nasty virulent flu bug in the Marseille public transport system. Been out of action for 5 days now :( managed to get to 30 miles south of Turin. Took a lovely side route through the maritime Alps which was quiet beautiful but twisty, and demonstrated why the French can export their leccy to other countries (lots of Mini and medium HEP stations) and lots of water!!!
The only silver lining is I stumbled upon a free quiet free aire with free electricity, so have been esconsed here with the other longer term Italians. Mrs CC has been to the eurostretcher for supplies and the huge mega camping accessories shop for a table and is now threatening to go to some further nearbyretail outlets, so better get well soono_O. I counted 10 different table legs for various vans and every bolt and fixture you may possibly need in that accessories shop....heaven!. Any tips on getting rid of the flu gratefully received :sick:
That man flu takes a long time to get rid off so just rest up!! Meanwhile Mrs CC can get some real serious shopping time in!!:sneaky:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
It's a virus so the rule is treat the symptoms. Paracetamol will reduce temperature and help with pain, drink plenty of fluids-- bottled water is best. Eat what you can. Rest. Keep area you are in warm but ventilated. Any tissues you use, bag and get rid of them ASAP. Don't overdo the paracetamol and if you take ibuprofen make sure you take it with food.
There is a vile flu bug in UK at the moment which has a 3-5 week recovery period but hopefully you'll feel better in a week.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My mate has been laid up with it for nigh on 6 weeks now. His wife had it first for acouple of weeks & thought it had gone but it returned.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We must have had a different strain, only 2 and a bit weeks for us but it's lingering and still tired after a trip out for essential shopping, first time we've gone back to bed in the day time for errrm, 50 odd years. :rolleyes:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Large Scotch whisky with honey in hot water. It won't cure you but you'll feel a whole lot happier! Hope you'll soon feel much better.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
That man flu takes a long time to get rid off so just rest up!! Meanwhile Mrs CC can get some real serious shopping time in!!:sneaky:
I have her chained up in the garage for now :clap2:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry I think I was a tad harsh when I implied you had man flu! Hope you do get well very soon!:)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Is it a FLU? or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELSE?
Better stay in Foreign parts and keep it out of here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back