Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
We are thinking of joining the Caravan Club but then noticed that there is also a Caravan and Camping Club. Which one do you guys recommend? By the way, we just adore the way fellow motorhome drivers wave at us as we pass on the road. :ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Don't forget the Motor Caravanners Club
Hi and welcome to the site, have a good look around and don't forget the chatroom, quite a few of our overseas visitors drop by there. In fact quite a few of them are coming over to meet with us at the Shepton Mallet Motorhome show in Somerset. England. why not join us,
<The Motorhome & US RV Show - SEPT 11-13 2009>

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are thinking of joining the Caravan Club

Why ?

Just because the name is familiar, in our case. The reality is that when you want one of their sites you'll find it fully booked.

Similar with C&CC.

I once got a ferry quote off one of them, tried the ferry direct, much cheaper.

Their sites are far from bargains.

Better - get thee across the channel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We are thinking of joining the Caravan Club but then noticed that there is also a Caravan and Camping Club. Which one do you guys recommend? By the way, we just adore the way fellow motorhome drivers wave at us as we pass on the road. :ROFLMAO:

We are members of both. Both have a wide range of sites in UK and provide much the same servicesm

The Caravan Club still mainly seems to cater for tuggers, even though there are many MHs in the club. It also suffers as it allows advance bookings without deposit, so you can sometimes turn up to a site apparently half empty to find they won't let you in because they are fully booked by people who have no intention of coming and haven't bothered to tell them.

The Caravan and Camping Club is less 'exclusive' and seems to have a younger membership.

The main reason for joining either is the network of little CL type sites where you can often be on your own.:Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The main reason for joining either is the network of little CL type sites where you can often be on your own.:Cool:

Same here, it's the only reason I stay in the CC, the CL network is excellent and as close to 'aire' prices you'll find in the UK .. other than that, no good reason.. the main sites are over priced, over booked and have over bearing wardens..

jim

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
CL = Certificated Location, a small site licenced for only 5 vans and all of the major clubs can licence them.

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
We didn't know which club to join either when we started caravanning back in 2006. We ended up joining the CC and the C&CC to make our own minds up and we're still members of both clubs. If you're thinking of travelling overseas and staying on campsites consider booking through the CC rather than contacting the site direct. You'll often save you money because they negotiate good rates with the owners. :Smile:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We are also members of both.If I had to choose I think it would be the C Club as they have saved us the most money with Ferries and entrance to shows etc especially if you book a ferry on their site using the Camping Cheques we came across these by accident and now find that if we include them in the booking the ferry fare is reduced dramatically.But we stick with both sites for the CL and CS sites and the Holiday Rallies run by the CCC are a good deal, no pre booking and usually £6 per night for a great location -Sue

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Were members of CC and cancelled, tried to book pitches and failed, insurance (too high), ferries also too expensive.
We have decided to do most of our travelling overseas and therefore no point.

ShiftZZ
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
Groucho Marx"
:ROFLMAO:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Rav

Were with the ccc. The only reason for it, as I remeber is that my Insurance Company wanted me to be in a club, like its gonna make a difference.

We found the small sites to be ok and the discounts through the low season to be reasonable.

We also are members of the Arrival breakdown scheme wich is run by the RAC. You need to be a ccc member to be a member of this scheme.

The advice on motorhomes is minimul. This site provides 1000% more info and advice than you will ever get from the ccc.

Cant comment on the cc.

Cheers
Jim
:Smile:

little jack

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
Funster No
Seems that we're in the minority, as we belong to both clubs and use their clubs on a regular basis.
If you want to use the club sites, the subscription is saved within a few nights because of the reduced fees to members, also both clubs produce pretty reasonable magazines, which are included in he membership cost, we have a slight preference to the cc, but that is a personal preference.

litle jack

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i joined the caravan and camping club for the main purpose of buying Arrival breakdown cover.

it does seem more relaxed than the stuffed shirts running the caravan club, of which i was a member until they said, at renewal time, my debit card had expired and would i like to supply the new details.

Nah!!!!! dont think so, thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back