Travelworld/Dometic after sales service (1 Viewer)

Jun 8, 2010
west sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Tents till 1973,caravan till1987m/home since1987
Whilst in Spain many attempts were made by Dometic service agents to fix my fridge.(mostly f.o.c.).
On return to U.K.Dometic suggested the vans wiring may be at fault and that I get Travelworld,( where I bought it) to check the wiring.
On reporting to Travelworld,Annabel immediately replied that a senior technician will call.Soon after James phoned and asked many questions re.the fault
He suggested I take the van to them,(many miles)! I said I couldn't face the journey and he offered they collect and return after.I didn't want to be without the van for possibly weeks,so Martin from South Coast Liesure,a DOMETIC service agent is coming to me to check the fault and the vans wiring.
So far excellent service,I am keeping everything crossed it results in a happy ending!

Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Oh God. my six-month old fridge is on the blink, keeps freezing everything. Agent coming out Saturday. Hope he fixes it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Oh God. my six-month old fridge is on the blink, keeps freezing everything. Agent coming out Saturday. Hope he fixes it.
Don't shout so loud you have one that works, we all want one.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
While I'm glad to hear you got good service, the post makes me a bit skeptical after the bad service they very recently gave to @DavidG58 . especially since its your 26th post in 6 years:eek: Sorry just saying what I think :)

OP
OP
C
Jun 8, 2010
west sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hi irnbru,please don't apologise for having an opinion.
It's still early days and time will tell,but,I promise to report results,good or BAD.
Perhaps I'm just not very good at conversation,or,maybe it's my lucky day.
Was it Tiger Woods who said,it's funny the more I practice to better I get?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi irnbru,please don't apologise for having an opinion.
It's still early days and time will tell,but,I promise to report results,good or BAD.
Perhaps I'm just not very good at conversation,or,maybe it's my lucky day.
Was it Tiger Woods who said,it's funny the more I practice to better I get?

Right sport but much earlier, I have been attributing the quote to Gary Player since long before Tiger started playing (y)

I was badly done to by TW, but they must get somethings right or they wouldn't still be in business :)

Technically other than buying it from them you don't mention any other dealings, but it does sound very generous on their part to make such a journey (400mile + round trip, potentially twice!!) to deal with the fridge for you, I can only presume they can charge that cost back to Dometic

That said I always said I have some sympathy with the dealers when problems are specifically related to a third party fitting, such as your fridge and in my case a headlight unit, if a dealer mucks up a service job (like my case) or paperwork they can and should be taken to task, when such as a fridge or other component fails it is not really their fault

But it really is all about how they deal with the problem, they are the link between us and the supplier / manufacturer, that is where I find things break down, possibly because the dealer would rather fall out with a single customer than his main suppliers

Last edited:
May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
While I'm glad to hear you got good service, the post makes me a bit skeptical after the bad service they very recently gave to @DavidG58 . especially since its your 26th post in 6 years:eek: Sorry just saying what I think :)

What are you saying? Travel World set up an account 6 years ago to give themselves good press?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
What are you saying? Travel World set up an account 6 years ago to give themselves good press?
I don't think Sandra is saying anything other than how she sees it !
David paid TW a lot of money to supply and fit a light and botched the job full stop. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO HOW SIMON @dabhand was treated in this post http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/travelworld-superb-service.116838/
Judge as you wish -Non paying customer against a paying one -Excellent service for one Crap for the other with no rhyme/reason for either
terry

OP
OP
C
Jun 8, 2010
west sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hi irnbru,
Right sport wrong PLAYER eh! no wonder I'm not very good at conversation if I can't get facts right.
Soon after purchase,the starter battery and a mechanism in the waste water system failed.Travelworld sent replacements and I fitted as it saved the journey and not a difficult job.The broken parts of the waste were returned at a later show,I got scrap for the old battery(don't tell eh).

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm saying its hard to believe how travelworld can seem to go above and beyond for one customer and not another. Lets see how it ends.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back