Calais Dangers (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Two drivers are attacked in Calais rest area by 20-strong mob of Britain-bound Eritrean migrants
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rong-mob-Britain-bound-Eritrean-migrants.html

332DE0FF00000578-3540132-image-a-2_1460648180406.jpg

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Does anyone know of any other CHOQUES in France? This is the only one Google Maps shows up.
If this is the one that the author of the article, Mr Sparks, is referring to, then I wouldn't describe the location as " at a motorway rest area near Calais."
Capture.JPG

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
It is time to shoot this scum

I most certainly don't agree with what they did, but shoot them! Would you pull the trigger, which ones would you shoot, just one or two, or all of them? anyone who espouses the idea of shooting people, without even trial or proof of guilt is simply encouraging and justifying murder.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Does anyone know of any other CHOQUES in France? This is the only one Google Maps shows up.
If this is the one that the author of the article, Mr Sparks, is referring to, then I wouldn't describe the location as " at a motorway rest area near Calais."
They've got the name wrong, it's apparently Chocques.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I drove from the roundabout nearest Dunkerque terminal passed Calais and onto the Eurotunnel this morning at 9am French time and not a soul to be seen.
I think we did however hear some occupants of a juggernaut at the Dartford Crossing. There was a huge queue from the last junction on the Kent side before the crossing. All 4 lanes solid and the two lefthand lanes had red traffic lights while we lot on the other two lanes crawled passed them.
As we slowly passed one white foreign lorry we could hear very distinctly hammering from inside the lorry trailer.
Had we been able we would have taken the number and phoned the police but in a tight queue of lorries we could not see the reg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
They've got the name wrong, it's apparently Chocques.

Brilliant. So instead of being 150km away it's only 75km (y) Never let it be said that the :dm:let's anything inconvenient like geography get in the way of a good bit of scaremongering :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 19.14.40.png

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Thanks Klattu.
Chocques is a bit nearer at just under 50 miles away. I think that " ...near Calais " still qualifies as journalistic licence

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think that " ...near Calais " still qualifies as journalistic licence

So does "mob of Britain bound Eritrean migrants"

This story is basically that some people have had a pop at a couple of French registered cars at a motorway services somewhere random in the middle of France.

Add the usual Daily Fail made up scaremongering rubbish and you end up with with kind of crap that fills their rag.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I assume because it was printed in the Fail the French cars both has £2000 cash, 3 iPads and 4 Rolexes stolen?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume because it was printed in the Fail the French cars both has £2000 cash, 3 iPads and 4 Rolexes stolen?
Not gassed though! :rolleyes:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Daily Mail (check)
Eritrean mob (check)
Coming to Britain (check)
UK benefits (check)
Calais Mayor (check)
Move border (check)

Run for the hills!!!
The Hills are no good....they are full of Itinerants and assorted eastern European crims

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
I find it hard to believe that people (even some it seems who subscribe to this forum) purchase such a publication, expend time reading it and then believe what is written.
They should be lined up an shot, or for those who, like myself don't agree with corporal punishment, made kneel down, have a large dick stuck in their ear so that they can have some sense f###ed into them.:confused:
Spud

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Yes I would say so Jim.

One simple reason: The pictures of the cars in this story are the same as the ones in the Fail story. The Fail gives a location which, depending on whether their hacks can spell or not, is either 75km or 150km from Calais.

Same story - some people have had a pop at couple of French cars nowhere near Calais.

The scaremongering spin element is the same in both - it's migrants, they are doing this right on the outskirts of Calais right on our doorstep. The first point is anecdotal, neither story offers any real evidence as to who was responsible, the second point is simply incorrect.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Same story - some people have had a pop at couple of French cars nowhere near Calais.

Not the same story Nick.. and it is clear to me who is responsible..

CALAIS was clearing up today following one of its worst nights of terror after gangs of migrant thugs attacked a family in their car and set fire to barricades in the road to stop terrified truckers.

Skirmishes broke out across the lawless port town as roaming packs of migrants apparently carried out a mass violent bid to reach Britain.

Videos emerged online showing migrants setting fire to barricades made of wood and tyres in the middle of the motorway near the port, to force lorries to stop so they could break inside.

I wonder who these people are ..

nice young doctors and nurses looking for jobs in the UK ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...alais-migrants-in-pictures.html?frame=3080803

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Those who find it fashionable or funny to denigrate readers of the Daily Mail may like to consider why it is consistently the biggest selling newspaper in the UK.

Just because it appears in the Mail does not necessarily make it untrue.

And no, I am not a Mail reader myself. Just someone who doesn't like to see such stories dismissed, out of hand, simply because of where it appears. Such semi-automatic responses remind me of the time when any reference to immigration was greeted by cries of racism. Look where that has got us now.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
"NIGHT OF TERROR: Calais migrant thugs attack car and SET FIRE to road to stop truckers"

here is a picture of a Calais migrant thug, strikes terror in my heart:

2014-11-12_Calais_child.jpg

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
"NIGHT OF TERROR: Calais migrant thugs attack car and SET FIRE to road to stop truckers"

here is a picture of a Calais migrant thug, strikes terror in my heart:

View attachment 101392
I don't see your point on showing this obviously innocent child. Everybody knows the children make up a very small minority of those encamped illegally at Calais and the surrounding area. The vast majority by a very long way are fit young men and it is they who are causing the problem. Not children who have had no choice in their present location and it's never been suggested the children wwre in any way to blame for anything.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I don't see your point on showing this obviously innocent child. Everybody knows the children make up a very small minority of those encamped illegally at Calais and the surrounding area. The vast majority by a very long way are fit young men and it is they who are causing the problem. Not children who have had no choice in their present location and it's never been suggested the children wwre in any way to blame for anything.

I couldn't agree with you more. My point is that all inhabitants of the Calais migrant camps are in danger of being lumped under the "thug" heading and when comments like "it's time to shoot the scum" are bandied about we need to think of those genuine refugees.

hymermick

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years
It is time to shoot this scum
Well said. The army would only have to shoot a few then the rest would turn and run back to where they came from.
The UK should as the Calais mayor Natacha Bouchart said stop the cushy benefits system. If we made our benefits system pay the same as the rest of Europe there would be no point in them coming to the UK.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
On our trip to Italy we spent our first and last night at City Europe on the outskirts of Calais, without any problems whatsoever. It was one of the quietest places on our trip. On the last night we filled up with diesel and LPG at French prices at the new Carrefour filling station as well. A tip for all you people who can't get LPG in France - try this station, as I had no problem at all filling up the LPG.

There seems to be a considerable element of hysteria in most of the UK press but especially the Mail. The reported incident did not happen in or near Calais.

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Well said. The army would only have to shoot a few then the rest would turn and run back to where they came from.
The UK should as the Calais mayor Natacha Bouchart said stop the cushy benefits system. If we made our benefits system pay the same as the rest of Europe there would be no point in them coming to the UK.

So you would be in favour of either French or British army troops being ordered to shoot people without trial. Summery execution by government. Is that before they do something or whilst they are doing it or after. Does it include those standing watching and not taking part. I expect The soldiers you would have commit murder would probably not feel very happy with the suggestion.

I do not support in any way the lawless activity of illegal migrants bent on getting their own way. But to blithely suggest shooting a few is beyond the pale.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not the same story Nick.. and it is clear to me who is responsible..

Same story or not they've used the same pictures of the same car which makes it lazy journalism at best and for me is enough to cast significant doubt on the rest of the story.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back