Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
image.jpg
As the title says, they are great for levelling on site but that is not the only use. I have been working under the van on and off for the last couple of weeks, scraping cleaning painting and waxoyling. Then last week I took the front wheels off for blasting and powder coating.

Easy peasy for working underneath and makes wheel changing a doddle.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Great time of year to get all sorted for the new season, bet she's looking spick and span now, not that she ever does not
They are great, but I'm sure there is a block of wood or axle stands hidden behind the wheel out of view.
Better safe than sorry

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great time of year to get all sorted for the new season, bet she's looking spick and span now, not that she ever does not
They are great, but I'm sure there is a block of wood or axle stands hidden behind the wheel out of view.
Better safe than sorry

There was a block of wood under for some of the time, while I was working under the wheels were still on so pretty safe (if it dropped onto its wheels there is still room for me underneath), this was taken just before the wheels whent back on. While I was painting the chassis it was on the jacks for about 10 days and didn't budge.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
(y)I am still looking for convincing I have done the right thing, I have full confidence in the fitter, but his claim that 'use the auto option every time' was optimistic I now know

Hopefully Martin you can show me how to use mine properly, the likely need for blocks of wood is frustrating, why don't E + P supply nice lumps of plastic if needed. I can see they would be good if you have sunk to give the jacks something solid to work with, but I wouldn't have expected them to be needed on sloping hard standing

As for going under to do things, I don't think so, not all the while I have money in the bank, it is cold and dirty down there (even in summer) ::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
(if it dropped onto its wheels there is still room for me underneath),

Appreciate that,,,,,,,,,,, But for the sake of 10 or 20 ££££`s please get some "Axle Stands"... (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Appreciate that,,,,,,,,,,, But for the sake of 10 or 20 ££££`s please get some "Axle Stands"... (y)

I do appreciate your concern, I have some big blocks of wood that will go under the chassis, I will use them................ honest.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I like the idea of it being in storage with the tyres off the ground and my storage pitch is sloping too.
Mick tells me the max weight fitted is 50kg (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I like the idea of it being in storage with the tyres off the ground and my storage pitch is sloping too.
Mick tells me the max weight fitted is 50kg (y)
Less if you are removing existing corner steadies

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
Love mine, fitted at Courtside conversions Tiverton, first class product and service ,occasionally needs recalibrating to get auto level spot on , but is easy enough to do

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Who is the Mick we having been reading about? I've been thinking about these levelling jacks too and he sounds like the right guy to be asking for a quote!

Norman

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I'm really tempted plus had a look at the NEC and they look the nuts. E&P quote for me was £4781 + £183 for the remote.

Makes draining tanks easy too.

Weight quoted was approx 50-55kg depending on which rams and brackets are used.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I love the self-levelling jacks on our recently purchased RV. Even after only a month, I would seriously miss them if I had to go back to a vehicle without them.

Steve

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Weight wise I suppose you could remove the wind down legs and certainly do away with Milenco levels.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
@Robert Clark,
As we have almost the same van, do you mind me asking who fitted yours and where did you have the motor and control panel fitted?
It would seem sensible to go to someone who has experience of fitting to the same van.

Richard.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Noticed quite a few vans with them on our recent winter trip, I was getting tempted until the boss blew a fuse when I told her how much. She then asked a silly question "how many times have we used the ramps on this trip?" the answer was, not once in 59 nights, not the answer to support my case, boss wins.:)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Lenny HB

Go for a different approach, our Hymer (I know you don't have one, but) moved around a lot particularly when I bounced in and out off the poor old extending (springboard) step

I went to Durness last January and endured 80mph winds, (fairly extreme I know) but was nearly sea / motion sick

Anyway ours are now fitted and used every trip, even when parked on 'level' pitches just to stop the movement (y), plus of course when needed for levelling as well

@Techno we still carry our Millenco Quatro's 'just in case', it takes some doing to leave them behind, well it has done for me anyway :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back