buycarparts.co.uk...aaargh (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Ordered a new rear hub and bearing for the van 2 and a bit weeks back, part was delivered Wednesday of last week, didnt set about attempting to fit until saturday....stripped old one off and then, bugger...its the wrong one. Quick check on my order..yup that was right, part received wasnt the one I ordered but was for the 16" wheel with heavy duty suspension. Went on line and did an online chat and turned out the one id ordered was also wrong because the details on their website were wrong.

Had to order a new one (online chat person gave me the correct order details etc) and return the wrong one...as i needed to get the bearing changed and couldn't wait for the 2 week turn around of return and replace. So guarantees given about right one being sent and all that good stuff and got a 5% discount as an apologies. Which didnt actually work anyway but only amounted to a grand total of £3.50 even if it had.

Anyhar...new part turned up today and was waiting for me when I got home, alarms bells rang when I saw the box...thats a tad small i thought. And wouldn't you know it, i was sent another alternative as the one id ordered wasn't actually in stock, despite assurances given at the time of ordering. Now the replacement parts part number brings up a part which is suitable for what I wanted, but what was in the box was not what was on their website...again:mad:

So, online again, more faffing about and in the end i gave up and cancelled the order, had the usual we will 100% guarantee that well get it right this time for you if you order another now...not on your nellie, and then proceeded to cut an paste the previous guarantees from the online transcript(note to all...online chats with suppliers is a much quicker way of getting things sorted and you can have a copy of everything that was typed by email or just cut and paste)...order promptly cancelled and return label emailed so, should have all my monies back by next Monday...

Now, I still need a hub and bearing as the MOT is looming and the current one will probably fail!!

Onto amazon I went...I have now got one for £25 shipped from amazon - that is +70% cheaper than what I was seeing elsewhere, cant be right I thought, but it is - one of those sneaky discounts on stuff that amazon do when something has been on the shelf for too long. Duly ordered, then went back to check again and the part is now up at £93!!and another bonus was that I still had amazon gift vouchers from a company 'thank you' a little while ago that id forgotten all about,
soooooo its actually cost me nowt:party2:

And its being delivered Friday :clap2:

Karma....

long story long...buycarparts.co.uk are a German company called auto doc, and they seem to have multiple UK web addresses under various names...be ready to be patient if you get any stuff from them....:rolleyes:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I love it when things work out for the best like your amazon purchase. Have bagged a few bargains like that myself. hope you get the van back on the road and mot'ed quickly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Funnily enough..it was your throttle body adventure that led me using them for some part previously and that was great.
Seems when they get it right it right it right it works really well, but when it goes pear-shaped its spectacular :)

One thing though. The alternative parts they sent were both much more expensive than the ones i ordered:confused: just a shame they were the wrong ones:rolleyes:

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Two and a half weeks... pfftt... that's nothing...:LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes:

I've been waiting 14 weeks for some parts for a window blind from Seitz. That's on top of the original base order that took 10 weeks !!!!:eek::mad:

I've recently been assured they will be with me "soon" - again o_O

Good job it's an upgrade project and not a fix repair eh....

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007

I've been waiting 14 weeks for some parts for a window blind from Seitz. That's on top of the original base order that took 10 weeks !!!!:eek::mad:

Holy crap...thats mad!!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Obviously don't want to be outdone by DVLA's service levels.:D

buycarparts.co.uk

Free Member
Mar 30, 2018
London
Funster No
Ordered a new rear hub and bearing for the van 2 and a bit weeks back, part was delivered Wednesday of last week, didnt set about attempting to fit until saturday....stripped old one off and then, bugger...its the wrong one. Quick check on my order..yup that was right, part received wasnt the one I ordered but was for the 16" wheel with heavy duty suspension. Went on line and did an online chat and turned out the one id ordered was also wrong because the details on their website were wrong.

Had to order a new one (online chat person gave me the correct order details etc) and return the wrong one...as i needed to get the bearing changed and couldn't wait for the 2 week turn around of return and replace. So guarantees given about right one being sent and all that good stuff and got a 5% discount as an apologies. Which didnt actually work anyway but only amounted to a grand total of £3.50 even if it had.

Anyhar...new part turned up today and was waiting for me when I got home, alarms bells rang when I saw the box...thats a tad small i thought. And wouldn't you know it, i was sent another alternative as the one id ordered wasn't actually in stock, despite assurances given at the time of ordering. Now the replacement parts part number brings up a part which is suitable for what I wanted, but what was in the box was not what was on their website...again:mad:

So, online again, more faffing about and in the end i gave up and cancelled the order, had the usual we will 100% guarantee that well get it right this time for you if you order another now...not on your nellie, and then proceeded to cut an paste the previous guarantees from the online transcript(note to all...online chats with suppliers is a much quicker way of getting things sorted and you can have a copy of everything that was typed by email or just cut and paste)...order promptly cancelled and return label emailed so, should have all my monies back by next Monday...

Now, I still need a hub and bearing as the MOT is looming and the current one will probably fail!!

Onto amazon I went...I have now got one for £25 shipped from amazon - that is +70% cheaper than what I was seeing elsewhere, cant be right I thought, but it is - one of those sneaky discounts on stuff that amazon do when something has been on the shelf for too long. Duly ordered, then went back to check again and the part is now up at £93!!and another bonus was that I still had amazon gift vouchers from a company 'thank you' a little while ago that id forgotten all about,
soooooo its actually cost me nowt:party2:

And its being delivered Friday :clap2:

Karma....

long story long...buycarparts.co.uk are a German company called auto doc, and they seem to have multiple UK web addresses under various names...be ready to be patient if you get any stuff from them....:rolleyes:
Hello everyone!

We are always ready to help all our customers with the most detailed and precise information.

All your direct messages or requests sent via forums@autodoc.co.uk will be immediately transmitted directly to the Department of Quality Check.

We are at your disposal for any information!

Kind Regards,

Buycarparts Team

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Holy vintage thread revival Batman ! :LOL:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

I've been waiting 14 weeks for some parts for a window blind from Seitz.
Speedy delivery id say.

We bought a van from Ebor caravans at York years ago and the mini heki fly screen and blind were damaged.
Ebor ordered the parts under warranty but said they could be a while.
Meanwhile I repaired the damage and forgot all about it
Just over two years later the blind assembly appeared on our doorstep....along with another item which wasn't my mine.
We didn't even still own the van then.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hello everyone!

We are always ready to help all our customers with the most detailed and precise information.

All your direct messages or requests sent via forums@autodoc.co.uk will be immediately transmitted directly to the Department of Quality Check.

We are at your disposal for any information!

Kind Regards,

Buycarparts Team
And it's only taken you two years to respond to the original thread.....:whistle:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Well, a dealer we approached regarding a fault on our habitation door, ordered the part (a locking motor/solenoid) from Bailey on 2 October 2017. Was told it would take "up to" 14 days to arrive. When by 7 January 2018 it hadn't arrived, we sailed to Bilbao without it. Now, 30 March 2018, heard nothing from anyone.
As it happens, the habitation door started working perfectly and so we will simply not contact either the dealer, or Bailey again. Pisspoor service from both.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
A few years ago I ordered a part from a main dealer for a customers vehicle. Was told it was on back order so enteredit on my system to keep track. As it approached 12 months I sent a birthday card to the dealers for the attention of the same back ordered part. They didn't appreciate my sense of humour and closed my account. No idea what happened to part, customer sold car anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back