What's in your bits and bobs box? (1 Viewer)

Vanda2

Free Member
Apr 12, 2016
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 120
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've bought a small plastic box for Elvis, our motorhome.
At the moment, it's got a small can of WD40 in it (y)
It's our first campervan so not sure what we need.
OH is not mechanically or DIY minded in any shape or form lol :rolleyes:
So what do you think we'll need? What do you have in your bits and bobs box?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You don't need much (y)

engineeringflowchart.jpg

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I looked in mine before answering and found the following.....

....bits...
and...
...bobs....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
On a more serious note...

Multi tool
Duck tape (what else? :rolleyes:)
Spare fuses
PZ 2 screwdriver
McLube dry lubricant
Spare 12v plug
Belly button fluff

HarryBasilNigel

Free Member
Mar 23, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Bits of paper with phone numbers for peops who know how to fix things. Spare fuses - I have used one spare in 3 years. Spare bulbs though never needed one. Spare corkscrew cos half way through the evening i always seem to lose mine - no idea why.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Plumbers grips, spanner set, torx screw set, Allen key set, circlip set, various screw drivers, multimeter, 12v compressor, socket set, various pliers, screws, bolts, various electrical connectors, saw, ECU code/reset analyser, magnetic bolt retriever, big and medium adjustable spanners, jubilee clip set, zip ties, electrical wire, lots of hose connectors, mini drill and drill bits, battery charger, mini hammer, Stanley knife & spare blades, wire cutters/strippers, wire brush.
Spare long arm mirror (passenger side) made up from the previous 2 smashed mirrors, and new fitting bolts!
Self amalgamating tape, PTFE tape, gas tape, wd40, spray oil, spray grease, silicone paste, electrical tape 12v and UK 240 V fuses, and some other stuff I can't remember (y);) No room for a barbie in my garage:sneaky: I have used all of that stuff over the 4 years I have been MHoming, some of it for other under equipped campers!

Last edited:

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
3 different sized hammers...
Tight
Very tight
And who the f...k tightened this up :)

My dad , God bless him, worked down the mines (Yorkshire speak... Went darn pit..)
He had two tools of every type, but never carried any..
He always said, lost one and brock tuther.... ;)

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
My bits and bobs are a full sewing kit with loads of threads, hook and loop tape, press stud snaps, a couple of different sizes of elastic and webbing and buckles. Superglue, strong double sided foam tape, Gorilla tape and clear repair tape.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
bought several nice plastic boxes with lids to go in garage for all the stuff we would need - needless to say they are all half empty - should have bought half of what I did !!!!!!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
In our van I carry the most ridiculous amount of tools and spares. However, toolkit, homebase do a brilliant car emergency tool kit, and it fits under the drivers chair. Other than that, tube of glue, duct tape and WD40, and a multimeter that should cover everything

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Cable ties, a good Stanley knife and a head torch :)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Lol I looked at the duck tape and put it back on the shelf :rolleyes::D(y)
Thank you
You cannot travel without having duck tape!:Eeek:. Cannot tell you how many motorhomes we have seen bodged with duck tape, particularly in Morocco. Even seen one bodged with parcel tape but that was just shameful, everyone knows that any self respecting motorhomer uses duck tape when bits threaten to drop off!!

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Plumbers grips, spanner set, torx screw set, Allen key set, circlip set, various screw drivers, multimeter, 12v compressor, socket set, various pliers, screws, bolts, various electrical connectors, saw, ECU code/reset analyser, magnetic bolt retriever, big and medium adjustable spanners, jubilee clip set, zip ties, electrical wire, lots of hose connectors, mini drill and drill bits, battery charger, mini hammer, Stanley knife & spare blades, wire cutters/strippers, wire brush.
Spare long arm mirror (passenger side) made up from the previous 2 smashed mirrors, and new fitting bolts!
Self amalgamating tape, PTFE tape, gas tape, wd40, spray oil, spray grease, silicone paste, electrical tape 12v and UK 240 V fuses, and some other stuff I can't remember (y);) No room for a barbie in my garage:sneaky: I have used all of that stuff over the 4 years I have been MHoming, some of it for other under equipped campers!
I suggest you put a torch in your bits and bobs and raincoat in your garage because only time you'll need any of your long list of tools, it will be dark and persisting it down.:rofl::rofl:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The phone numbers of knowledgeable friends might be a hard one (y):LOL:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I suggest you put a torch in your bits and bobs and raincoat in your garage because only time you'll need any of your long list of tools, it will be dark and persisting it down.:rofl::rofl:
I have used a few of them (including the drill) in the nice Spanish sun so far (y)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
That's a really good list, pretty much what I'm aspiring too.
I recently needed a 10mm spanner but only had a socket set with me, I need more spanners..
Have you considered carrying a mastic gun and sika?
It was only after someone asked if they could borrow a mastic gun (I didn't have one) that I began to notice what a popular tool it is...

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun