Rally Chat Peterborough ground conditions (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We are sat here in the showground awaiting your arrival. The ground in general is good to soft with some areas to wet to be useable. If the weather continues tomorrow as is is today we should be able to get you on with no trouble.
We are going to park you all facing downhill so making getting off easier should the weather deteriorate over the weekend. We will NOT be able to save spaces so if you want to park together arrive together.
I suggest you bring bread crates, grip mats and something to stop the wheels from sinking into the soft ground.
We (the marshalls) of course have the only places that we can guarantee getting off in any weather conditions. :LOL:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We are in general, but thanks for the tip off.
We have Army PSP planking, a tow strap, snatch block, M+S tyres, wellies, a ten pin ground anchor, Tirfor Winch and a towel for the dog's feet.

Can you recommend anything else?:)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks John. I hope there's a fairly level bit if we are to be pointing downhill as our van nose tends to point down anyway :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Graham I can find you a spot pointing downhill where you will end up level due to the fact that the rear wheels will sink up to the axles. (y)

The wheels won't sink if save weight and you drink all your beer on the first night!

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I suggest you bring bread crates, grip mats and something to stop the wheels from sinking into the soft ground.
Um, we don't have any of those. I've got a couple of old doors in the loft which might help. Guess we'll have stay on site until the ground dries out!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We have Army PSP planking, a tow strap, snatch block, M+S tyres, wellies, a ten pin ground anchor, Tirfor Winch and a towel for the dog's feet.

A Unimog

Thanks John. I hope there's a fairly level bit if we are to be pointing downhill as our van nose tends to point down anyway :D

No, our noses point down when looking at your Burstner, Graham........ :LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Oh, thanks for reminding me...... and we stand upwind as well for fear of getting a scent of the radioactive Acklam piesties - Jake the dog would go mad for them as they remind him of that long deceased badger he tried rolling in today.....:p

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp

Park next to me please, then you can tow me out!:sneaky:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm bringing one of my canoes ... really I am!!! :)

..... Only 'cause someone's interested in buying it ... might have to put the price up if there is high demand for it though!!! :D

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Any updates on the conditions of the show ground, given it hasn't stopped raining all night in Essex?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Arriving between 2pm and 3pm, hoping my twin rear wheel drive will help a little - have got the wellies so I guess that's something. British weather - fed up with it

C

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back