New area for motorhomes in Sitges, Catalunya. (1 Viewer)

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
On 29th August 2009 (10:30 a.m) the new Motorhome area in Sitges, Catalunya will be officially inaugurated.

The area is situated in the shopping estate (Capbravo, Aldi, Furniture shops etc) on the outskirts of Sitges and there is a bus service from the area to the centre of Sitges.

The name of the road where the area is situated: Carrer dels derets humans.

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=q&sourc...9&z=17&iwloc=A

POIs:
N 41º 15'02" , E 1º 48' 50"
N 41.24779 E 1.81380 (Tom Tom)

Link Removed

Link Removed

It is not forbidden to park/station in Sitges but in July and August it is becoming more and more difficult even for cars but if there is space you can park/station along the beach front but in the Summer it is recommended that you spend the night in the area.

The mayor has promised to find space for a second area closer to the beach for next year but this will depend on the kind of use given to this first area.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Momo

thanks for that :thumb:

is the aire big enough for RV s. over 8.5 mt . if not what would say the max length is ?

cheers

Jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
bump

I've added to the Google map.. just need confirmation from Momo re max length

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Momo

thanks for that :thumb:

is the aire big enough for RV s. over 8.5 mt . if not what would say the max length is ?

cheers

Jim

Hi Jim:

Will find out and come back.

Personally, I don't think you'll have any problems except maybe in June/July/August when Sitges is packed to overflowing. In Autumn, Winter and Spring you should be OK.

Next week will have more info from people who are attending the inauguration.

If you have problems with the Google Map (some say it takes you to Madrid!! :cry:) try this one:

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=es&geocode=&q=si tges&sll=40.396764,-3.713379&sspn=9.116127,16.853027&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=41.248451,1.81033&spn=0.004396,0.008229&z=17&iwloc=A

As soon as I have more info I'll repost.

Momo.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim:

Will find out and come back.

Personally, I don't think you'll have any problems except maybe in June/July/August when Sitges is packed to overflowing. In Autumn, Winter and Spring you should be OK.

Next week will have more info from people who are attending the inauguration.

If you have problems with the Google Map (some say it takes you to Madrid!! :cry:) try this one:

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=es&geocode=&q=si tges&sll=40.396764,-3.713379&sspn=9.116127,16.853027&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=41.248451,1.81033&spn=0.004396,0.008229&z=17&iwloc=A

As soon as I have more info I'll repost.

Momo.

Hi Momo..

same goes for any aire .. all depends on the season, but some aires even empty are unsuitable for RVs

No problem with your Co ordinates .. went straight to the site .. :thumb:

cheers

Jim

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Here are some more photographs of the Area taken at the inauguration:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Have asked on the Spanish site regarding length etc. but no replies as yet. Just how long is your vehicle? From the photographs it appears there are biggish plots and smaller ones but not 100% sure - although the vehicle with TINUC on seems to be quite a bit longer than the others and the plot he is on still has quite a bit of room remaining at the front.

Momo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have asked on the Spanish site regarding length etc. but no replies as yet. Just how long is your vehicle? From the photographs it appears there are biggish plots and smaller ones but not 100% sure - although the vehicle with TINUC on seems to be quite a bit longer than the others and the plot he is on still has quite a bit of room remaining at the front.

Momo.

Hi Momo

thanks for the pics, the plots look a good size, my RV is 11 mt .. but it was just a general question as a guide for anyone else.. ..

many thanks

Jim

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Just a little more information ...

The area is close to the Natural Park "Garraf" but quite a distance from the centre of Sitges. The Spaniards are up in arms about this and are complaining about having to take the bus from the area into Sitges, then take a bus from there to the beach...then return...and THEN have to get a ticket from the metre if they wish to spend the night!! As Sitges is a "friendly" town towards motorhomes there is no problem parking anywhere in Sitges... if you can find a space.

They say they will only use the area for water and emptying tanks and avoid Sitges in July and August!!

Momo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back